Homebrew Snes9x GX 4.3.8 Release

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question, tested the Tengai Makyou Zero game with Tantric's latest version, but it does not work, i can remember vaguely that it worked last year with an older version, or was it a modded Tantric version of SNES GX?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just a question, tested the Tengai Makyou Zero game with Tantric's latest version, but it does not work, i can remember vaguely that it worked last year with an older version, or was it a modded Tantric version of SNES GX?

Ah wait sorry, i see that somebody has made a github ticket for it already: https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/issues/750

blado22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get Final Fantasy 3 1.0 or the Ted Woolsey version patched version to run on the latest version. I believe I tested 1.1 and it worked fine yesterday, so I'm not sure if my copy is bad or if it's a problem with the emulator.

EDIT: not working with 4.3.7 either or desktop so I think it's just my copy

Last edited by blado22,

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Wow I never new this would start a new Snes9xgx version! Me complaining with Dborth in his Github site, I bothered him so much and now he did all this!

Thank you so much in the name of all of Gbatemp. I just checked the new 4.3.9 and the crackling is finally gone! No sound distortion either! (and no black screen)

Only thing left would be to add a more punchy/low sound interpolation, but that is only a feature request :)

Then it would be more than perfect ;)

Cheers from Chile! Here Nashismo signing out, thanks again for all your work man.

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi all!

Does anyone know when the 4.4.0 release is going to be available?

[4.4.0]

* Improved WiiFlow integration
* Fixed mangled image when switching between HQ2x and scanlines filters
* Added Wii U GamePad support (thanks Fix94!)

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Reactions: Turme and Zonta85

gadesx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested 4.3.9 version and runs flawessly, thanks Tantric and snes9x team-wii scene homebrew, back in 2015 I had to play chrono trigger using retroarch snes9x next because sound crakling was an issue, now works fine, another game with problems. Yoshi's Island had FPS drops, but now it seems always 60, I've tried the "drugs spores stage" and go fine, without need of overclock FX.

The only problem that persist for me it's that the screenshots/covers doesn't appear, nothing, but it's say that exist a screenshot if I try again to make a snapshot,
I have the roms from pendrive, and the screenshots goes to the SD but don't read anything. (Tried many folder names, renaming in own emulator path directories)
Maybe it's a issue for use spanish language of emulator, or it's try to save the screenshots in SD, but want to load from pendrive and there's no screenshots folder.
No problems with genesis plus gx (I know it's another story...)

I didn't tested Secret of evermore, I know the previous bug and in 2017 I had to try make a tricky patch that fixed 99% of problems so I beaten the game, now I won't need that version.
About the Tengai makyou Zero, I suppose this will be supported in the future as the hack of 4.3.7 or 4.3.8, at the moment I will finish the game using that version exactly because works fine.

My system: CRT via RGB that support 240P/480i thing, using Original display mode.

Reactions: Garcimak

Bladeoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've tested 4.3.9 version and runs flawessly, thanks Tantric and snes9x team-wii scene homebrew, back in 2015 I had to play chrono trigger using retroarch snes9x next because sound crakling was an issue, now works fine, another game with problems. Yoshi's Island had FPS drops, but now it seems always 60, I've tried the "drugs spores stage" and go fine, without need of overclock FX.

The only problem that persist for me it's that the screenshots/covers doesn't appear, nothing, but it's say that exist a screenshot if I try again to make a snapshot,
I have the roms from pendrive, and the screenshots goes to the SD but don't read anything. (Tried many folder names, renaming in own emulator path directories)
Maybe it's a issue for use spanish language of emulator, or it's try to save the screenshots in SD, but want to load from pendrive and there's no screenshots folder.
No problems with genesis plus gx (I know it's another story...)

I didn't tested Secret of evermore, I know the previous bug and in 2017 I had to try make a tricky patch that fixed 99% of problems so I beaten the game, now I won't need that version.
About the Tengai makyou Zero, I suppose this will be supported in the future as the hack of 4.3.7 or 4.3.8, at the moment I will finish the game using that version exactly because works fine.

My system: CRT via RGB that support 240P/480i thing, using Original display mode.

Where did you download the hacked version of 4.3.8, I'm trying to figure out which is necessary to make Tengai Makyou work in 4.3.9. I've backported the support but the Real Time Clock is not working, so the game cannot be played without that, but with the fixes I have the game boots.

Besided that I'm busy with an experimental 4.4.0 with core 1.56.2 and I got overclock working but it seems that the Wii hardware is not sufficient for the cpu overclock or core 1.56.2. I've tested Yoshi and the frames are still dropping from 60 to around 53. This experimental version got all commits until the Wii Pro support (latest 4.3.9 commits).

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you download the hacked version of 4.3.8, I'm trying to figure out which is necessary to make Tengai Makyou work in 4.3.9. I've backported the support but the Real Time Clock is not working, so the game cannot be played without that, but with the fixes I have the game boots.

Besided that I'm busy with an experimental 4.4.0 with core 1.56.2 and I got overclock working but it seems that the Wii hardware is not sufficient for the cpu overclock or core 1.56.2. I've tested Yoshi and the frames are still dropping from 60 to around 53. This experimental version got all commits until the Wii Pro support (latest 4.3.9 commits).
what do you mean by Real Time Clock? how is it not working? would it have anything to do with the code? i'm asking because when i compile wiiflow lite with ppc r32 and the libogc 1.8.20 anything related to time doesn't work correctly. i fixed it by compiling with ppc r30 and libogc 1.8.19.

Bladeoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what do you mean by Real Time Clock? how is it not working? would it have anything to do with the code? i'm asking because when i compile wiiflow lite with ppc r32 and the libogc 1.8.20 anything related to time doesn't work correctly. i fixed it by compiling with ppc r30 and libogc 1.8.19.

When you start playingTengai Makyou Zero the clock should work but it's not working. I'm not sure if devkit r30 and libogc 1.8.19 are still available.

Bladeoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Real Time Clock for Tengai Makyou Zero is working thanks to fledge68 and Tantric.
For those who are curious how, just compile the latest libogc and replace the libogc files coming with the devkitPro toolkit and it should work.

Besides that I want to share a experimental version of Snes9x GX (4.4.0) with core 1.56.2, with all commits and the Real Time Clock working, I've added three things:
  • CPU Overclock, these are the clock cycles which can be adjusted.
  • Sprite limit, normally it limits the sprites per line to 34, this takes the maximum to 128.
  • And I got the superFXoverclockmultiplier working.
I tested with Yoshi's Story with "Remove Sprite Limit" and "CPU Overclock" on, seems ok.

*One small note is the SuperFX Overclock option is the first time at 0 when you try to enable it, when it goes to 100 it will go from 100 until 200 which are the real values, don't know why this happens.

Attachments

• Snes9xGX_4.4.0_experimental_core_1.56.2.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 224
Last edited by Bladeoner,
D

Deleted User

What is the enhanced Sprite limit for? Does it reduce flicker?
Unfortunately I don´t have access to my Wii right now to test this version. :(

Bladeoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's the limit how big a sprite is, normally the maximum is 34 tiles in snes9x 1.56.2 but they put an option to increase it to 128, I didn't test with a lot of games:
- Yoshi's story
- Megaman X
- Super Mario World
- Tengai Makyou Zero

All three functions I backported and adjusted it for snes9xgx from the snes9x master, I'm just curious how others experience these changes because I know that 1.56.2 is asking for more resources then 1.52 which is the current core in the master branch of snesx9x.

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a small issue in the experimental version, in game settings Scaling isnt set to "Default" by default but is 16:9 Correction, which for Wiis set to 4:3 makes the screen look off and doesnt match the other gx emulators

There is another thing aswell which isnt particular to the experimental version, but the SNES Mouse always seems restricted on screeen in snes9xgx with both wiimote and GameCube controller, it would be good if the SNES Mouse could move as freely across the screen as the Justifier and Superscope controls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)