Newcomer
Trophies
Website
poster-takaishi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
noONE said:
I'm leeching a bit here on your thread, but i've got a problem with the Snes9x 3.1 Lopst version, running thru Homebrew channel beta 8, it boots up, and my wiimote is connected, but as soon as i choose ANY option, i.e "load a game" , or any other option, it just crashes,with a static colored stripes all over the screen ( there's a quick text popping up, saying something with "[bad chksum]" etc, it dissapears to fast to be able to read..)

i've read around about this problem but haven't found anyone with the same problem, only those who gets that screen, because having a GC Memory card inserted, which i dont..
i really want this emulator to work.. :/
any suggestions?

It doesn´t crash, that´s a demo rom. Press (HOME -> Wiimote+nunchuck) or (HOME and + wimote alone) to return to the menu.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
tatumanu said:
NoOne, thats EXACTLY what happened to me! but i guess you were lucky enough for the wii not going into a wierd bricking state like mine did ... as for how to get it to work , well i really didnt tried yet, i installed the homebrew channel just now so i might try again in a bit .... or maybe not hahaha im kinda scared now.

heh, yeah, i see that
smile.gif

i think the misstake you did was to pull the plug instead of holding the power button (on the wii, not the wiimote) for 5 sec.
just pulling the plug might not be so good for the Wii ;P
anyway, good luck with your future attempts
smile.gif

QUOTE(Takaishi @ Jun 26 2008, 03:55 AM) It doesn´t crash, that´s a demo rom. Press (HOME -> Wiimote+nunchuck) or (HOME and + wimote alone) to return to the menu.

oh.. i pressed every possible combination ( so i thought..) and nothing happened... but now i tried your tip with "Home&+" and i got back to the menu.. thanks,
still.. i can't access any of the options, as that "demo" just pops up, no mather what option i choose..

oh damn.. nvm all.. it got fixed.. i was just dumb enough to press "2" instead of "1", and "2" brings up the demo -.-
i thought i tested "1" before.. but obviously not -.-

and to think i spent 1h+ on solving this..
ph34r.gif
, mainly due to having to hard reset my Wii each time it "crashed" ..

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, nobody reads the readme's anymore I guess?
smile.gif

That was the demo rom, but it's kind of funny actually because I have seen a dozen or so posts in various forums in which users think the emulator crashed because of the colored lines. Maybe a different homebrew app/game should be included with the emulator...

I use the HBC to run Snes9x, and it works great. I have had it crash on me once or twice of course...but that was after loading some other apps, returning to the HBC menu and loading Snes9x. A simple reboot always does the trick. It is one of the nicest emulators available for the system thus far...with some darn near perfect compatibility.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
they should probably remove these demo roms (from fceu too) because it only lead to confusion...

even more now that readme and documenations are ripped from official releases and nobody never take the time to read them before coming into forums screaming "omg, my preciouuus is bricked !!!"
rolleyes.gif

PS: there is NOTHING (for now
wacko.gif
) in the emulators code that could brick your wii, the only thing that could brick it is a bad installed channel but if you managed to load it once , then this means it is fine

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ridgecity said:
Ouch. You can take it for repairs, but they will charge you, once you hack it you don't have warranty anymore, or just don't tell them you hacked it.
hey dude, um funny story, i sent my wii in the NIntendo cause it got banner bricked from downloading illegal wads and installing uncompletely during a power surge (and i had the homebrew channel on it!), and i didnt tell them i hacked it, i told them it wouldnt get past the warning screen, and after a week they replaced the wii for free and i got a free wii back, LOL, HOW LUCKY!! Damaging my warranty my ass. Dang, and they dont send it to the company to fix, they send it to a dude who knows how to fix wii's, i looked at where it got repaired from, LOL! My hacked wii was sent in to the Nintendo, thats like sending in an r4ds with your ds to nintendo, lol, those bastards, ha!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
the lopst SNES9X 3.1 channel is perfectly safe.

if u get a code dump just hold the power button on your wii until it powers off and then restart.

i think you just got confused...

sid0101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junk_man32 said:
ridgecity said:
Ouch. You can take it for repairs, but they will charge you, once you hack it you don't have warranty anymore, or just don't tell them you hacked it.
hey dude, um funny story, i sent my wii in the NIntendo cause it got banner bricked from downloading illegal wads and installing uncompletely during a power surge (and i had the homebrew channel on it!), and i didnt tell them i hacked it, i told them it wouldnt get past the warning screen, and after a week they replaced the wii for free and i got a free wii back, LOL, HOW LUCKY!! Damaging my warranty my ass. Dang, and they dont send it to the company to fix, they send it to a dude who knows how to fix wii's, i looked at where it got repaired from, LOL! My hacked wii was sent in to the Nintendo, thats like sending in an r4ds with your ds to nintendo, lol, those bastards, ha!
I find this incredibly hard to believe.
Pics or didn't happen....

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sid0101 said:
junk_man32 said:
ridgecity said:

i second this.

also if this story is true, it didn't have a modchip installed in it right?

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sid0101 said:
junk_man32 said:
ridgecity said:

Ill post pics soon, really funny

Posts merged

priapism said:
sid0101 said:
QUOTE(junk_man32 @ Jul 23 2008, 03:39 PM) QUOTE(ridgecity @ Jun 25 2008, 09:48 AM)

i second this.

also if this story is true, it didn't have a modchip installed in it right?

i dont have a modchip, (im not a person with good soldering skills)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs