Hacking SNES9X 3.1 bricked my wii completely

tatumanu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, i installed SNES9X 3.1 and once i ran the app it it stated showing all this dos looking code and froze ...now my wii doesnt switch on at all!! totally bricked it, right?
any desperate sugestions? I bought it 2nd hand last week so i still have a garantee i guess ... but my flash is filled with dowloaded wads, so im a bit worried...

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ouch. You can take it for repairs, but they will charge you, once you hack it you don't have warranty anymore, or just don't tell them you hacked it.

tatumanu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the file had this info on it:

Channel: SNES9X 3.1 by LoPsT
Video Modes: PAL50, PAL60 RGB, MPAL, 480i, 480p...
Version: 3.1
ID: ASNX

DO NOT PUSH ON "Homebrew Channel Reload" (CODE DUMP)

Banner by DRaGMaRe

File uploaded & shared by DRaGMaRe

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You installed it as a channel? That might be the problem. Corrupt channels may break your wii, there was already a topic from a guy who bricked his wii while experimenting with channel banners.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Ey, do this means that you are getting this:
cimg0001ei9.jpg

Or it just don't boot? I mean, it don't power up, or do you get to
339220955_0463ac831c.jpg
this screen and it freezes

tatumanu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
in reply, yes that was the nfo, not sure what "do not push on" really means, the wii was completely dead!!

SOLUTION:
Yep i got it working again , i pressed both red sync buttons (on the wii,next to the sd slot) and on the controller (next to the battery) and the wii revived!!!!

Its working totally fine now .. first thing i did was uninstall the damn snes9x, pitty cause i was really curious about this software but now im really scared of doing it again....

Yey!! thanks for all your replys by the way! you guys rock.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
tatumanu said:
in reply, yes that was the nfo, not sure what "do not push on" really means, the wii was completely dead!!

SOLUTION:
Yep i got it working again , i pressed both red sync buttons (on the wii,next to the sd slot) and on the controller (next to the battery) and the wii revived!!!!

Its working totally fine now .. first thing i did was uninstall the damn snes9x, pitty cause i was really curious about this software but now im really scared of doing it again....

Yey!! thanks for all your replys by the way! you guys rock.
So that's mean that you couldn't boot a wii with a controller? Wait, pressing sync buttons....
unsure.gif
it only searchs for a controller...

tatumanu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah it was a channel, i instaled it using wad installer 2.1, well not really a simple crash cause i couldnt turn the wii on at all ,no light , power button didnt work , pressing both power and reset didnt work, unplug and plug again ... nothing did work, it was really rock dead, at least it looked like it.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
tatumanu said:
yeah it was a channel, i instaled it using wad installer 2.1, well not really a simple crash cause i couldnt turn the wii on at all ,no light , power button didnt work , pressing both power and reset didnt work, unplug and plug again ... nothing did work, it was really rock dead, at least it looked like it.
It is VERY strange, and you found VERY strange solution.But simplest solutions are always the best.
lecture.gif

tatumanu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah it was all very strange indeed... first the wierd crash that really made it looked bricked and then the fact that pressing the red buttons on both the wii and he controler made the power light come back on and all working as it should... i dont know if it was the combination of the 2 buttons or if pressing the red button on the wii alone did the trick ... but still i did press the red button alone before and didnt work... I really got no clue but really makes me believe that the "hard reset" on a wii is pressing the red buttons hahaha. But im as confused as you hahaha

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm leeching a bit here on your thread, but i've got a problem with the Snes9x 3.1 Lopst version, running thru Homebrew channel beta 8, it boots up, and my wiimote is connected, but as soon as i choose ANY option, i.e "load a game" , or any other option, it just crashes,with a static colored stripes all over the screen ( there's a quick text popping up, saying something with "[bad chksum]" etc, it dissapears to fast to be able to read..)

i've read around about this problem but haven't found anyone with the same problem, only those who gets that screen, because having a GC Memory card inserted, which i dont..
i really want this emulator to work.. :/
any suggestions?

tatumanu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
NoOne, thats EXACTLY what happened to me! but i guess you were lucky enough for the wii not going into a wierd bricking state like mine did ... as for how to get it to work , well i really didnt tried yet, i installed the homebrew channel just now so i might try again in a bit .... or maybe not hahaha im kinda scared now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1