SNES9GX and GXGEO

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Quoward, Apr 12, 2011.

Apr 12, 2011

SNES9GX and GXGEO by Quoward at 9:10 AM (1,617 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Quoward
    OP

Newcomer Quoward Newbie

United States
    I recently softmodded my day 1 Wii. I have muddled through the process and am a little proud to say that I got 90% of what I want working......working. I am having a little issue with a couple emulators. The main one I want to get working if I can is SNES9GX. My wii is on firmware 4.3u if that changes anything. I have the app installed onto a 8GB SDHC card and I have my roms on a fat32 partition via usb harddrive. Now most of my emulators are nice about seeing all the roms but when I direct snes9gx to its rom directory it shows there is nothing there. I get no error message the roms just don't show up. I have the roms in their raw format, aka not compressed, so idk if that is a problem I wouldn't think so. I have been digging through forum after forum to get everything to work right but I can't seem to find the information I need to get snes9GX to work. Any information is welcome.

GXGeo is the other emulator I am having problems with but less concerned about. I have it set up the same way I have with all my other emulators. The app is on the SD card and the roms and bios are on the FAT32 partitioned harddrive. When I load GXGeo up I get a black screen with the text that says something like "hit the home key to return to menu or press 1 or 2 to load a rom set". I have tried pressing 1 or 2 which do nothing. The home key of course brings me back to the homebrew channel after a couple secs. Any ideas on this problem would be greatly welcomed as well.

Quoward

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    From the wiibrew page of snes9x:

Your SNES rom images must be in SMC, SFC, SWC, or FIG format. Generally, all images you find will be in this format, but if you run across one that isn't please download RTOOL which will allow you to convert the image into SMC format.

It can play both compressed and uncompressed (it has Zip, and 7z support), but it has to be in the correct format to begin with.

Can't say anything about gxgeo (never tried that emulator).

3. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    GXGEO has not been updated for a while and is still using an outdated version of libogc, USB drive compatibilty is therefore very poor (and maybe not supported at all)

4. Die Antwoord

Member Die Antwoord GBAtemp Regular

United States
    for gxgeo, it can only load roms that are 20 mb and less... i think, might be a little bit larger number than 20

5. Quoward
    OP

Newcomer Quoward Newbie

United States
    Alright guys feel a little silly now. Got the snes roms to work after a mass file rename adding the smc file extension to the files. I think I'll hold off on the neogeo in hopes it will be updated some day with better usb support and friendlier gui. Anyhoo, thanks to all for the fast and helpful replies.

Quoward