SNES

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ambitous21, Dec 28, 2006.

Dec 28, 2006

SNES by ambitous21 at 6:42 AM (1,597 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ambitous21
    OP

Member ambitous21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is running chrono trigger on the DS possible?

2. camx

Member camx GBAtemp Fan

United States
    haha, yeah right, will never happen. i stopped getting my hopes up for snes emulation on the gba/DS oh i dunno about 9 months ago. however, its nearly perfect (minor slowdown during world map movement) on the PSP emulator snes9xTYL 0.43 ME edition. sadly, that emulator is dead now too, but for what its worth most games are playable with sound.

3. Firon

Member Firon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It would be possible if the developers actually continued trying to improve the emus.
    The current emus run some games decently, just without sound.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Actually the latest versions of snezziDS do a fairly good job of emulating it and snesemulDS although slow will probably not be that bad either (I have not tested it).

It will not be perfect (I imagine it will be a few months yet before anything like that happens) but it will be playable.

5. MajinGohan

Member MajinGohan GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Chrono Trigger is playable with the latest version of Snezzi. Albeit, without sound.

6. ambitous21
    OP

Member ambitous21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    oh well..
    the soundtrack of chrono trigger is top notch..
    but at least its playable without sound, no lag and slow speed?
    thats cool to hear [​IMG]

7. spas

Member spas GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    "thats cool to hear"
    Was that a pun?

I think one of the things that people forget is how much of the processing power to actually simulate the snes is taken up leaving a smaller amount left to actually allow the game to run at full speed. GBA emulation is virtually impossible for snes, genesis, master system ect because it cant handle both the emu running and the rom itself.

But what can be done is excellent conversion which I think is what should be worked on with both gba and ds. At the moment a convert made to generically convert any old snes game to gba / ds does a pretty wank job of it. Then you also have the problem of different languages that the games are programmed in.

Solutions ?

Better rom conversion instead of working more on physical emulation?

Heres the FAT CHANCE individual rom conversion (where each rom is humanly taken apart and carefully reconstructed to work for ds / gba.

Some Mega Hertz squeezing for the ds, some more very good emulation techniques to ensure that roms are able to run at near full speed or full speed.

ERMM hardware support like a bra with the ds which it can rest its heavy rom and emulator in!

I am just throwing things out here!

8. akalic

Newcomer akalic Member

how abotu super mario RPG?