Hacking SNES via R4 Dual Core - does it work well enough?

andyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious if games like...

Zelda
Metroid
Flashback

will all work well on the old 3ds xl. It seems like DSTwo is the better option but not sure I want to spend $50 on it (assuming it's actually in stock)

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zelda
Metroid
Flashback

will all work well on the old 3ds xl. It seems like DSTwo is the better option but not sure I want to spend $50 on it (assuming it's actually in stock)
if you have an A9LH 3DS, just inject those SNES roms lol

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country

andyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP has an Old 3DS, no SNES VC for them

Yeah, unfortunately I saw that. Thought it was strange to see but yeah I have an old 3ds as it's one my niece hasnt been using. Not sure I want to spend $200 to get a new one :)

Might not be the response you're looking for, but with an o3DS, you can emulate the SNES games you listed using blargSNES with pretty good compatibility it looks: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/BlargSnes_Compatibility_List

Use Snes9x for O3DS, download latest nightly from here https://github.com/bubble2k16/snes9x_3ds/blob/master/snes9x_3ds.3dsx

I looked at the compatibility lists - looks like they have issues with the games? Though not clear if the issues are really just minor

Angelo Spagnol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Zelda
Metroid
Flashback

It work. Theres a emulator for R4 generic flashcards that run most of the commercial Roms. But's a bit laggy in some games, you have to test those 3 you want to see if the speed is OK for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.