Hacking SNES VC was just announced for New 3DS.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's what this thread is about, the brand new SNES VC games. There was no SNES VC before.

The fun part is --like tempers figured out the GBA VC games for Ambassadors-- to analyze how it works and using other SNES ROMs with Nintendo's official SNES emulator. Over on "that site" there's now a Lufia II custom SNES title.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what this thread is about, the brand new SNES VC games. There was no SNES VC before.

The fun part is --like tempers figured out the GBA VC games for Ambassadors-- to analyze how it works and using other SNES ROMs with Nintendo's official SNES emulator. Over on "that site" there's now a Lufia II custom SNES title.
There is a few more on that chaos site also. Someone has a request thread going.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair warning, the VC in Europe look to be the same as in NA - the banner shows US release dates (EarthBound never released in Europe) and SNES (purple buttons) - and I believe the SMW CIA floating around is Europe's, but it runs the NA ROM. Which'd mean that we can dump all the ones that release in Europe, and have them earlier than their NA eShop releases.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone posted this yesterday on neogaf

http://i.imgur.com/lRy755v.jpg

So apparently snes injection is possible. However the super FX chip games do not work. This includes star fox and yoshi's island. Still this is nice progress. I just hope someone gets it to work on o3ds.
That was origionaly posted on twiiter by cellenseres and if you look here that is were the injections started

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
This is nice. But for N3DS users, the Retroarchs PocketSNES should be a better option:

1. PocketSNES plays Yoshis Island and other heavy emulated games in fullspeed.
2. In Retroarch, we are able to make the lower screen black! I dont want to have that vitual console menu when I play.

So, Ill stick with the near perfect Retroarch PocketSNES.

Reactions: dronesplitter

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
This is nice. But for N3DS users, the Retroarchs PocketSNES should be a better option:

1. PocketSNES plays Yoshis Island and other heavy emulated games in fullspeed.
2. In Retroarch, we are able to make the lower screen black! I dont want to have that vitual console menu when I play.

So, Ill stick with the near perfect Retroarch PocketSNES.
I prefer to have the games launchable from the home screen. I can almost play all the games I wan't anyway the only one I can't atm is Mario Kart

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I can say that I really dislike SMW not using download play for multiplay, but instead, console sharing by having you press ZR and ZL together to change controllers. Kinda lazy on Nintendo's part.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
I can say that I really dislike SMW not using download play for multiplay, but instead, console sharing by having you press ZR and ZL together to change controllers. Kinda lazy on Nintendo's part.
But how would they do that? All they are doing is running normal roms you can download online with a header on top.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr