OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey

I ordered my R4 DS yesterday, and I'm just doing a bit more research on exactly what it's capable of. Are there any SNES, NES, .. hmm maybe genesis even, or etc, emulators that work on it? It'd be awesome to be able to play Super Metroid, Starwing and etc on my DS. I think I read that SNEmulDS works but requires patching, but.. I know nothing about patching or anything like that v_v I just know basics of stuff. I really want to though..

Thanks a lot... I'm pretty much a novice, so sorry if this is obvious or if it's already posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Thanks.

*edit* Also, where can I find information on different homebrew applications like Imgview etc, that work on R4 DS? Thanks a lot

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sure you searched?
tongue.gif

Search

Starwing will most likely never work on an snes emu for the ds. Due to its special chip.

As for homebrew and other interesting stuff for the R4. Click on the compatibility link in my sig.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
nesDS works fine on the DSX, but I haven't tried it on the R4. I don't think it has DLDI support.

and Dark Wolf: what you call "patching" is actually necessary for most homebrew, it's called DLDI.
I suggest you read this, an excellent tutorial about DLDI, what it is and how to use it:
http://gbatemp.net/?showtopic=45157

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have NESDS on my R4, and it works fine. I read the readme and it told me to download something for it to make *.nds files. It worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it