10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This does look fishy. I think it would be really awkward using those dual analogs in their present locations. No other dual analog had them in that position. It would be cool if they had some retro controller designs though :P.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a bit cool. Not sure if it something I would buy tho. Now make the Wii U and upad match. :P

Too bad that Nintendo themselves didn't make it.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Look at normal controllers:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/wiiu/accessories

157994_detail_v2.jpg

159834_detail.jpg

I think this might be a third party model y'know

Btw,

a. it is cheaper
b. it does not have any Wiiu logo's on it
c. this cheaper controller also has a white, black and gold version. Look, why the heck would Nintendo bring out two of the same controllers? One cheap and one more expensive model?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Look at normal controllers:

https://www.ebgames....iiu/accessories

157994_detail_v2.jpg

159834_detail.jpg

I think this might be a third party model y'know

Btw,

a. it is cheaper
b. it does not have any Wiiu logo's on it
c. this cheaper controller also has a white, black and gold version. Look, why the heck would Nintendo bring out two of the same controllers? One cheap and one more expensive model?

You realise it says it's third party in the link, yeah?

It’s a great concept, but be warned - it’s not coming from Nintendo itself. This is third party, people, and we know very little about it, so you may want to check out the build quality before pre-ordering one. EB has the controller listed for AUD $48 (USD $49), which is about $30 less than the estimated price for the real Pro Controller.

suppow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the SNES part, but the right stick looks like its in a shitty place.
This does look fishy. I think it would be really awkward using those dual analogs in their present locations. No other dual analog had them in that position. It would be cool if they had some retro controller designs though :P.

i guess the placement on those thumbsticks is mainly to circumvent copyright infringement on Microsoft, for such a blatant 360 controller ripoff,
personally i liked the classic controller pro, i'd preferred if they updated that model instead,
are they still refusing to make thumbstick buttons?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I like the SNES part, but the right stick looks like its in a shitty place.

i guess the placement on those thumbsticks is mainly to circumvent copyright infringement on Microsoft, for such a blatant 360 controller ripoff,
personally i liked the classic controller pro, i'd preferred if they updated that model instead,
are they still refusing to make thumbstick buttons?
What copyright infringement? Nintendo used all those controller features way before Microsoft ever did. The traditional D-pad, analog sticks, the standard diamond shaped ABXY layout, handles, shoulder buttons, wireless and rumble. Most of which Nintendo actually was the very first to implement in a controller.

That said, it is heavily inspired by the 360 controller without a doubt, but it's no like if Microsoft could do anything about it, none of this stuff is patented really.
I'm personally can't say if I prefer the GC layout or this one for the sticks and I won't comment on it until I've actually played at least one shooter and one traditional platformer with one.

Also yes it has clickable thumbsticks.

suppow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What copyright infringement? Nintendo used all those controller features way before Microsoft ever did. The traditional D-pad, analog sticks, the standard diamond shaped ABXY layout, handles, shoulder buttons, wireless and rumble. Most of which Nintendo actually was the very first to implement in a controller.

That said, it is heavily inspired by the 360 controller without a doubt, but it's no like if Microsoft could do anything about it, none of this stuff is patented really.
I'm personally can't say if I prefer the GC layout or this one for the sticks and I won't comment on it until I've actually played at least one shooter and one traditional platformer with one.

no need to lecture me on nintendo controllers :P
i meant on the 360 controller design, not so much the features, which is what i guess they can pull copyright on, since these people patent almost everything,
i really dont know, i'm just guessing, since i dont see a strong reason why nintendo would choose to deliberately place the thumbsticks there, other than that.

edit: grammar

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

i meant on the 360 controller design, not so much the features, which is what i guess they can pull copyright on, since these people patent almost everything,
i really dont know, i'm just guessing, since i dont see a strong reason why nintendo would choose to deliberately place the thumbsticks there, other than that.

I doubt this is actually real, seeing as that right thumbstick looks like it be terrible to use in practice. Also, I wanna take a moment to remind you that Nintendo did have the A, B, X, Y configuration before Microsoft, and I'm pretty sure Sony pioneered dual analog, though I could be wrong.

In short, Microsoft didn't really pioneer a damn thing on their 360 controller.

suppow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I doubt this is actually real, seeing as that right thumbstick looks like it be terrible to use in practice. Also, I wanna take a moment to remind you that Nintendo did have the A, B, X, Y configuration before Microsoft, and I'm pretty sure Sony pioneered dual analog, though I could be wrong.

In short, Microsoft didn't really pioneer a damn thing on their 360 controller.

did you actually read my post?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Lol, it's like a XBox 360 controller with a SNES pad glued to the front. It looks like the SNES pad is not part of the design, and is just something that is added on. If it was more seamlessly integrated into the design it would be much better. Also, I'd much rather have the analog sticks below the SNES pad.
And is it just me or are there 2 sets of Start/Select buttons...

I'm a big fan of the SNES and I like it's controller design, but I don't think i'll be getting this.
Still, it's not exactly bad. It could be a lot better though. But who knows, maybe the final version will have the SNES pad more tightly integrated into the design. I might buy it if that's the case.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all