Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this possible? Like, getting it to play, say..Super Mario World, the FULL game and everything, with the R4DS. Would I have to do anything special to my DS to get it running and everything?
I don't know anything when it comes to this stuff, so help please :]

_Snott_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play SNES roms on R4DS I recommend Snemulds.
Right now not many games work and the only ones I can get to work are Castlevania, Mario All Stars,Mario World,Turtles in Time,and Zombies ate my neighbors.

Edit: I hear Chrono Trigger and Earthworm Jim work as well.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I beat Super Mario World (and it's 96 Exits) on SNEmulDS. That is, using the Super Mario Allstars + World (and my special settings for it to make it playable).

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To play SNES roms on R4DS I recommend Snemulds.
Right now not many games work and the only ones I can get to work are Castlevania, Mario All Stars,Mario World,Turtles in Time,and Zombies ate my neighbors.

Edit: I hear Chrono Trigger and Earthworm Jim work as well.

Snemulds? So I just find that program on the net, and transfer it to the R4? Then what do I do, find the SMW SNES rom and transfer it too? And it should work?

And that's ok..the main one I'm trying to find info about is SMW.

I beat Super Mario World (and it's 96 Exits) on SNEmulDS. That is, using the Super Mario Allstars + World (and my special settings for it to make it playable).

Isn't SMW inside Allstars? And I don't understand the bolded part
huh.gif

_Snott_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a folder on your root with the rom and put the snemulds config file on your root. Run the NDS file and there ya go.

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well technically, the Super Mario World ROM does work on SNEMULDS, but the only problem is the boss stages, when you get to the boss at the end of each castle, it glitches. The worst one is the third boss stage where you have to jump on it's head, but the only problem is that you can't see it.
If you want to play super mario world, get the EZ flash 3 in 1 and just download the super mario advance 3 super mario world (I think that's the one) for GBA and play. There are some MINOR changes, but the game still remains intact.

_Snott_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm lucky cause I'm in the forest of illusion and I haven't had a problem with bosses yet. Only Issues I have is that the map screws up sometimes and sometimes the mario sprite will freak out.

The EZ flash approach is a nice alternative to the snes emulator though and I'll probably do that when mine comes in the mail.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
THe SMW rom doesn't work, so I'd suggest getting the SMA+W.

Super Mario All Stars + World? So it does come with SMW, right?

Make a folder on your root with the rom and put the snemulds config file on your root. Run the NDS file and there ya go.

Do I have to make a specific folder and drop the Snemulds in there? And then put the NDS [it's a nds file
huh.gif
?] file into that folder also?
Oh, and can I ask you guys for a link to snemulds, or would that be against forum rules? Dunno if that's considered a ROM or whatever.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
snemulds doesn't have to be in a specific directory. You can run it from anywhere and not worry about it's placement (if there is a folder for it, it will automatically be generated in the root directory)

_Snott_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You run the Snemulds and then you pick the rom in that program. It works just like any other emulator.

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put SNEMULDS anywhere within the MicroSD, you'll just have to find it later when you boot up your R4. It should be named SNEMULDS with a SNES icon. It should be a .NDS file so just select it and it'll run. A screen will show up asking you to search for a game, just browse through the directory for your SNES games, I forgot what the extension is, I believe it is .smc and tada. Your SNES game is now running, and you can do those quick saves with the touch screen by touching SAVE SLOT (or something similar to that)

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You run the Snemulds and then you pick the rom in that program. It works just like any other emulator.

Lol, never dealt with an emulator :\
Thanks for all help though :]

Just put SNEMULDS anywhere within the MicroSD, you'll just have to find it later when you boot up your R4. It should be named SNEMULDS with a SNES icon. It should be a .NDS file so just select it and it'll run. A screen will show up asking you to search for a game, just browse through the directory for your SNES games, I forgot what the extension is, I believe it is .smc and tada. Your SNES game is now running, and you can do those quick saves with the touch screen by touching SAVE SLOT (or something similar to that)

Ok, that's a thorough explanation. Thanks
biggrin.gif

I guess I can't ask for a link to Snemulds, since it's technically a ROM? Can I just download it off anywhere though?

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There are two different roms. The first is for Super Mario All-Stars, which includes all the NES games SMB, SMB2, SMB3, & SMB: Lost Levels. The second one that is being recommended is the Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World version, which was introduced late in the SNES' cycle and was included with all new systems. It is a combination of Super Mario All-Stars (a 4 SMB games PLUS it has the Super Mario World game on there as well.

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to ask for a link to download it, just Google SNEmulDS and it should be the FIRST link that leads you to the site. Just download SNEmulDS 0.6 alpha and it should work. Everything else is self explanatory. I've downloaded myself and it's similar to running an emulator on your computer, you are able to change its speed to make the game run faster and has multiple save states available. There are other functions and extras available but I'll leave you to play around with it since I just use the emulator for games.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just Google it. It'll be the first thing to pop up.

Yea, I'm retarded..there's actually an official site
dry.gif

Thanks, lol. Oh, and on this list: http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS_Compatibility_List [sorry, don't know how to hyperlink], it says that Super Metroid and other SNES games work fine..

Also, do I click this to download?

2001604016004304727_rs.jpg

There are two different roms. The first is for Super Mario All-Stars, which includes all the NES games SMB, SMB2, SMB3, & SMB: Lost Levels. The second one that is being recommended is the Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World version, which was introduced late in the SNES' cycle and was included with all new systems. It is a combination of Super Mario All-Stars (a 4 SMB games PLUS it has the Super Mario World game on there as well.

Ok then, thank you
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)