SNES Emulators?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Maverick-jin8, Mar 9, 2007.

Mar 9, 2007

SNES Emulators? by Maverick-jin8 at 6:09 AM (1,525 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Maverick-jin8
    OP

Member Maverick-jin8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do any of them work with the R4? And how great do the roms play, if they do?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    SnemulDS is the only SNES emulator that I know of that works on the R4.

3. Lurick

Newcomer Lurick Advanced Member

United States
    For something so early in the alpha/beta stages, however, Snemul actually works quite well for a select number of ROMs. You just have to play around with the "speed hack" and layer settings to try to optimize your results.

4. pcsoon

Newcomer pcsoon Member

United States
    Lurick can you point me to information on the "speedhack". I can only get a few ROMs to play correctly, most have some sort of problem or don't play at all.

5. Lurick

Newcomer Lurick Advanced Member

United States
    No, you misunderstand. When I say "speedhack," it's not a "hack" for this emulator. Rather, it's a FEATURE within the emulator itself. Use your stylus on the touch screen while running the emulator, and select options. It's the bottom setting.

Also, when I say "select few roms," you must understand that I mean exactly that. If you're trying to run something obscure and complicated, you've got a good chance of running into issues no matter what you try. The emulator's not even close to done yet.

What I meant is that for most roms that load and are at least playable from the start, they tend to keep running at full speed, and come so CLOSE to what they're supposed to be for how early in development SNEMULDS is. Super Mario Wold, A Link to the Past, and the original Breath of Fire are good examples.

Here's a somewhat complete list of ROM compatability, and the settings you should use for best restults:

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS_Compatibility_List [​IMG]

6. pcsoon

Newcomer pcsoon Member

United States
    Thanks for info. [​IMG]