Hacking Snes Emulator not working on my PSP go

daz1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

using the help on the first thread i managed to get 6.39 pro b7 temp firmware installed on my psp go but when trying to get snes emulator (using these instructions to the letter http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/537964 it doesnt work it just says data corrupted. is this a common problem or have i done something wrong myself. help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

Hum usually this happen because of the Eboot being in subfolder in the /game of your memory stick, make sure there is only one folder (snes9xTYL) with Eboot directly on its root

Also maybe download this revision from here http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Emulation_on_PSP

Step by step :

- download the archive Snes9xTYLmecm 11-27-09 from the link i posted
- unzip it (need winRAR)
- copy the folder s9xTYLmecm to your memory stick in /PSP/GAME
- place your SNES roms (preferably unzipped) in the ROMS folder inside s9xTYLmecm
- all done, just launch the emulator from your PSP games menu and it should run

daz1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wont have a chance to try that for 24 hrs but wanted to say thanks now for your help and not be ignorant

daz1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks mate you're a legend it worked straight away with the file you suggested downloading. i dont suppose you have an equally easy method for n64 games?!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason you were having problems is because you were using a version of the SNES emulator that came out before the 2000 was even released...

The N64 emulator isn't up to snuff...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's okay if you don't mind playing a select few games at relatively good speed with sound off to maintain said speed (the sound usually doesn't play well anyways). For the most part though, it is just proof of concept. The PSP isn't powerful enough to emulate the N64 well.

That said, don't consider the PSP N64 emulator for serious emulation. A lot of games that do work have terrible texture issues, frame rate issues, or both.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
But if u DO want to play on n64. Use the same link koimayeleul gave you and download there. Drop the folder at the same place as your SNES emulator. You roms should go in the ROM folder.
Here is a compatibility list http://forums.daedalusx64.com/compat.php
Though the only game im playing is Mario 64 because i can run it there with almost no FPS drop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.