shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube homebrew on the Wii.
Glad they didnt tear it up xD

Though jsut cuase he used an Official SD card doesnt mean its anything special.
I mean, its just an SD card.

When I see SuperScope games playable then I'll be convinced.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet it'l be their same reaction with the NDS.
They didnt change the firmware until the next machine.

Though they are able to do updates with this console with ease.
Makes me wonder.
Only time will tell.

travis134

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, Mchart, who cares, all theyve done is hacked the emulator of the GC, its not like they can access the wii and run homebrew for the wii with this, your simply locked into emulation mode

NeXsus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious about this as well, they did just load up GCOS at the end and thats basically a softmod, so in theory it should allow booting of gamecube backups, I need to track down an action replay so I can confirm this, but as stated before its basically just a gamecube inside, so any hacks apart from the modchip itself and the PSO exploit should work fine

travis134

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true, the DS was not completely hacked until people developed passme devices. GBA Flash carts alone only allowed what this allows, homebrew from a dated console.

HenkZw

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"Emulation mode"? Wii doesn't emulate GC. The Wii hardware is 100% compatible with GC games.

Correct - they're just using the Wii as a GC essentially, with a GC action replay and a GC SD card adaptor. Nice to know it works though!

QUOTE(fischju @ Nov 22 2006, 04:20 PM)this is noteworthy

So, does this mean that homebrew GameCube games will be able to take advantage of the higher
clockspeed ? And (after libOGC has been extended for it) access the new Wii features ?
Or does GameCube compatibility mean that clockspeed is throttled down, and only GameCube
features are possible
ohmy.gif
. This is still interesting.

I own a GameCube (not yet modded) with the intention of implementing simple and easy games. It would
be very nice if Wii users could also run those games (aided by the Datel Replay DVD & memory card).

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cant run cube backups for whoever is wondering, gcos boots, you try to swap the disc for a backup, wii resets back to main menu.

about the gcos, the problem may be in the drive, being as the wii is a slot load and the gc is top... a switch bypass may be need to tell the wii that you really didnt take the disc out so you can use a backup.. anyone care to dismantle their wii
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: