Homebrew WIP SNES Classic Launcher For Nintendo Switch

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good god, this thread's become a mess. One person providing their dose of cynicism with plenty of others telling him to shut up and fuck off, since when is it a bad thing to doubt something?
If someone goes "I quit working on this because someone says it's fake" it probably was fake, and so far, with the dev's updates that seems less a good bit less likely to be the case.

Reactions: DarthDub

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, so is this just a possible frontend interface for Retroarch?

There has been a LOT of work going on in the SNES Classic community to get all SNES roms running on the inbuilt emulator, known as Canoe. I would love to see the entire emulator ported over. There has been some work to rip it from the console. I can't post here for copyright reasons, but there is a repo on GitHub.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic stuff.
Another point made against nintendo charging for online on switch and giving nes games with online, theyre worth nothing

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
@notimp
Why don't you just keep your posts concise and to the point, why the need for convoluted soap box speaches, full of mediocre analogy?

You could have simply said "Don't get hyped guys, this is just a GUI frontend and does nothing else"; could you not?
I believe thats what I did, and then was met by lovely sentiments, how I quote "shit on the dev" - while people in here were parading wrong sentiments over the better parts of three pages. Which were entirely unconfronted - even by the dev himself. People didn't want to believe, that this was just a "skin"('ed launcher). They'd rather kill the messenger, hang him, shun him, cut him in half and then continue to praise the lord for all the things, this launcher was not.

Its hard to become a voice - when people are out to - and here is another quote see you "silent", so they can continue celebrating their wrong believes.

Current posts on this thread suggest, that most of them still havent gotten it.

How about the thread starter actually editing the first posting - to include that this is -not- a port of the SNES Mini OS or frontend, and currently it cant launch any roms. That would reduce confusion.

- This is not a retroarch frontend, nor can it launch roms directly
- This is not a port of the SNES Mini interface - its a recreation
- If this is a HBL replacement, this might get superseeded within a month, when it would have to compete with Atmosphere
- If the dev is planning on cooking up "his own emulators to work with the launcher" - we now enter inception teretory of launching launchers within launchers to launch libreto core ports (probably), that would also get official releases within the official retroarch port - which also has data and cover scrapers that this launcher most likely has not. And in the beginning he is then supporting this entire infrastructure - and every emulator within - mostly on his own - unless he sticks closely to whatever retroarch does.

But he has a plan.

And people congratulate him for showing that NES games are worthless, and they soon will be able to play N64 games.

Also, Im sorry - but I cant, for the love of me, get this into 150 characters.

Unless I make bad analogies.

Last edited by notimp,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
This interface looks very promising.

I honestly would love it as a gui for the Homebrew launcher :D
Though for emulation purpose, that would be sick.

I can't deny that I would love to see the same interface for the WiiU as well. Loadiine GX2 looked great, and I feel like it's a waste that such a brilliant interface is no longer used.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
See how easy that was.
To be swamped by only two more pages of "wow, amazing, this desktop wallpaper will definitely show Nintendo!".

Ups, another bad analogy.

But then, I made a pledge to someone rather senior in here not to berate or insult people in here, for a long while. So in a sense, everyone is a winner today.

Last edited by notimp,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People didn't want to believe, that this was just a "skin"('ed launcher). They'd rather kill the messenger, hang him, shun him, cut him in half and then continue to praise the lord for all the things, this launcher was not.

Doesn't help that the frontpage has an article with the title "SNES Classic Ported To Switch"

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Doesn't help that the frontpage has an article with the title "SNES Classic Ported To Switch"
vDcMX1I.png
What a lovely evening. Dont you think?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be swamped by only two more pages of "wow, amazing, this desktop wallpaper will definitely show Nintendo!".

Ups, another bad analogy.

But then, I made a pledge to someone rather senior in here not to berate or insult people in here, for a long while. So in a sense, everyone is a winner today.
The point being whether you make your argument in one sentence, or 37 paragraphs; the end result is the same, no?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Basically.

Less drama. Same outcome.

Its a culture thing.

But I like to write long texts.

edit:
There are always those who ask, what is it all about? For those who need to ask, for those who need points sharply made, who need to know "where it's at," this: "The mass of men serve the state thus, not as men mainly, but as machines, with their bodies. They are the standing army, and the militia, jailors, constables, posse comitatus, etc. In most cases there is no free exercise whatever of the judgment or of the moral sense; but they put themselves on a level with wood and earth and stones; and wooden men can perhaps be manufactured that will serve the purposes as well. Such command no more respect than men of straw or a lump of dirt. They have the same sort of worth only as horses and dogs. Yet such as these even are commonly esteemed good citizens. Others as most legislators, politicians, lawyers, ministers, and office-holders serve the state chiefly with their heads; and, as they rarely make any moral distinctions, they are as likely to serve the Devil, without intending it, as God. A very few, as heroes, patriots, martyrs, reformers in the great sense, and men, serve the state with their consciences also, and so necessarily resist it for the most part; and they are commonly treated as enemies by it." Henry David Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"
Something that came to mind. I'd not suggest following it, because its a revolutionary sentiment - which is misplaced here - and has a few hooks that are meant to set up, what historically followed - but, some days - even I come to seem to understand it more closely... ;) I could cite Dylans All Along the Watchtower as well. Same sentiment.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.