Homebrew WIP SNES Classic Launcher For Nintendo Switch

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried it out and while it won't ever be exactly what the SNESC is, I would say it adequately emulates the experience. I'm glad you sorted your issues out :) I don't imagine myself using this much, seeing as I have a classic and I use retroarch but I'm interested in giving everything a whirl.

Thanks. Yes, I have a Classic too but I don't want to used it because I am a collector and I grew up in NES and SNES when I was kid and teenager. Anyway, I use retroarch as wel but this is cool one that I want to use on a go if I want to. ;)

Reactions: Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Yes, I have a Classic too but I don't want to used it because I am a collector and I grew up in NES and SNES when I was kid and teenager. Anyway, I use retroarch as wel but this is cool one that I want to use on a go if I want to. ;)
If there's one thing the classic NAILS it's presentation! Which is why I enjoy this project :)

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: S854

samthebreadman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Google Drive was dead and he included an illegal roms in it. I will share it with you and anybody else who need it but no roms in it. You will have to search for it yourself. There you go.

American SNES Classic Launcher the latest beta version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UkAI7p0SuyCK1JXtsPy2H52JZIoKehc8/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

Why are you spreading false information? There were no roms ever distributed with the betas, only stubs which are blank files.

Kingslayer_Kyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you spreading false information? There were no roms ever distributed with the betas, only stubs which are blank files.

Hey man, wondering if you're ever planning to implement a way to get back to the menu from in-game? Instead of having to close the app and open it again.. Otherwise the app is perfect. Love it, thanks and good job !

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know because I downloaded it from you before your drive was dead. The roms was in it. I still have it zipped that I got from you. Sorry about spreading false information but if you want a proof. I will gladly send untouched version that I downloaded from you before your google drive was dead.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, I got the exactly answer from reddit. Amazing people and they know about SFC and SNES Classic Mini's art boxes difference. I am right. The size is wrong. Kinda. They give me the correct size number. :)
I know other people were being difficult by not answering you and telling you to google it or try it for yourself, which is unhelpful and they should refrain from posting,
however would you kindly post the solution to your size issue so that those of us who actually care to know the solution or may run into this problem later have it handy? Thanks.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know other people were being difficult by not answering you and telling you to google it or try it for yourself, which is unhelpful and they should refrain from posting,
however would you kindly post the solution to your size issue so that those of us who actually care to know the solution or may run into this problem later have it handy? Thanks.

I don't keep anything from you people. And you are absolutely right. They always say to Google it or try it for yourself. I already know about it and google it didn't helped at all. I have to register it and asked someone and they answered immediately and most of all super friendly people. I am there often because they are talking about things like here and etc and they are willing to help out and tell right away. Amazing. For gbatemp, gbatemp is awesome place to go but the problem is SOME PEOPLE here. They are just cowardly. Maybe they don't know the size and didn't want to be ashamed of themselves or they just make up and tell to do it yourself because they are lazy not to check it out and type it to increase their posted for their profits. Yeah, they are rude people. Sad. Who knows. That's ok.

Anyway, for an art boxes of NTSC/PAL. They are the same.

SNES artbox resize:

228x160

Thumbnails: 40x28

For Japanese artbox resize:

Vertical - 114x204

Horizontal - 228x124

Thumbnails: 40x21 (horizontal) and 21x40 (vertical)

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a pack out there with lots of box art already generated with the correct dimensions and placed in the right folder? Not asking about roms.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a pack out there with lots of box art already generated with the correct dimensions and placed in the right folder? Not asking about roms.

Well, there are two things you should know about: Google it for image so you can resize it easy for thumbnails and art boxes. I just mentioned the resize list here. For art boxes should go to box art forum and resize art boxes for thumbnails should go to thumbnails folder. That's simple.

And you have to edit database.json for a lot of games on the list and make sure name of games must match to the box arts and thumbnails as well as in database.json too.

You can't edit json yourself because it wont work. You can just open database.json using notepad and copy them over to json validation online and add more and click to see if there is no error and if you got green light then it is correct then save it and rename it to database.json and replace it and that's all. :)

Works perfectly for me!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit too much work tbh, I would have to do this for 100+ snes games

Right. There is none that do for us. You have to do it yourself. Just do it a bit by bit and day by day and you will be good to go. ;) And he is doing a great job on this cool emulator for the Switch.

I hope he will do next -- NES Classic Launcher. :)

shockme17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, wondering if you're ever planning to implement a way to get back to the menu from in-game? Instead of having to close the app and open it again.. Otherwise the app is perfect. Love it, thanks and good job !

You can get back to the frontend menu by holding L + R +Select. And go back to homebrew by pressing Start from the frontend menu.

ChinoyPepino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say thank you, this is absolutely amazing work! Is there a possibility that this emulator support save states in the future ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)