Homebrew Question SNES and NES Virtual consoles in cfw?

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to make things more confusing. You may have to reset a game every now and then. I use the dev mode nsp to do this. It kinda gets you back to square one. Sometimes this is needed. If other nsp are working then you may have to reset that specific game.
I wasnt aware of this dev nsp.. is this the same as DevMenu i found on this forum?

I did notice in tinfoil (side note), that i have a bunch of "tickets" with no names, not sure if those can just get deleted or maybe thats normal to see blanks?

On the note of the main topic here, i did get both snes and nes working with much fuss. Found a newer version for each and now they seem to run, but not with 500+ roms, just the base set (fine by me).

D

Deleted User

I wasnt aware of this dev nsp.. is this the same as DevMenu i found on this forum?

I did notice in tinfoil (side note), that i have a bunch of "tickets" with no names, not sure if those can just get deleted or maybe thats normal to see blanks?

On the note of the main topic here, i did get both snes and nes working with much fuss. Found a newer version for each and now they seem to run, but not with 500+ roms, just the base set (fine by me).

yes in dev menu. Happy that you got that sorted. So basically you switch to the base usa set i talked about earlier?

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes in dev menu. Happy that you got that sorted. So basically you switch to the base usa set i talked about earlier?
Yeah thanks,
Example: For snes: the new 1.2 base i found online for SNES (though i first did the v0 and 544 mod), not sure if that order mattered or why it did (as in the end its the stock set of roms), but for this particular one it worked and for nes i found 4.4 brand new out there, it also worked out, i will never update again haha

Now i just need to sort why i cant get titles working with the retro arch and c64, but thats another story.

Last edited by jimlaman8,
D

Deleted User

So to make things more confusing. You may have to reset a game every now and then. I use the dev mode nsp to do this. It kinda gets you back to square one. Sometimes this is needed. If other nsp are working then you may have to reset that specific game.

i regret updating to FW 10.0.1 although i can downgrade i am not sure its worth it

i wish to have DevMenu running again, i dont understand why so many against supporting it when we have gold leaf, Tinfoil, Awoo NSP installers casually shared here while Devmenu is condemned for using SDK code, well why dont the other apps have the Reset update info to make game run without insisting on software update?

if DevMenu somehow has a private fix to make it work in FW 10.0.0+ with Atmosphere 12.0 please share info, ill look into it

Last edited by ,

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i regret updating to FW 10.0.1 although i can downgrade i am not sure its worth it

i wish to have DevMenu running again, i dont understand why so many against supporting it when we have gold leaf, Tinfoil, Awoo NSP installers casually shared here while Devmenu is condemned for using SDK code, well why dont the other apps have the Reset update info to make game run without insisting on software update?

if DevMenu somehow has a private fix to make it work in FW 10.0.0+ with Atmosphere 12.0 please share info, ill look into it

You mentioned the option to run without prompting for software update, i take it only DevMenu has that ability, as that would be nice to turn off the nag feature?

D

Deleted User

You mentioned the option to run without prompting for software update, i take it only DevMenu has that ability, as that would be nice to turn off the nag feature?

yes, for example if you had cheats for a game at version 1.0 but you accidentally updated that game to version 1.2
even if you delete the game, the console will still retain that you had a higher update version installed and will insist that you update to run said game.

only DevMenu has the ability to delete all updates and reset the game value to run as a version 1.0

i am tempted to downgrade to 8.0.0 to run it just to delete some updates i dont want

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its not some moral stance, its GBAtemp covering their ass. They've gotten slapped on the wrist for piracy related stuff before and sharing copyrighted code is where they draw the line to keep the eye of Sauron away from them.

Notice how Nintendo has repeatedly gone after TX and associates while Atmosphere and all the homebrew you listed remains up on Microsoft's github, these distinctions do have some legal weight behind them.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY