SNES and NES VC games don't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FireFreek, Jul 13, 2009.

Jul 13, 2009
  1. FireFreek
    OP

Member FireFreek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's strange, I've tried WiiWare and N64 games and they work perfectly, but when I try to start a SNES or NES game it comes up with a black screen, and when I press home you can see it paused in the background, but when you close the home menu it black screens again. I've got CIOSrev13a, and i've noticed this problem since I installed Softmii(2.0 i think), but then I updated to 4.0 using Waninkoko's installer which made it not work(i'm guessing it overwrote the IOS), and so I just used gamma until i got my USB HDD for USB Loader. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    sounds like you need to change your video settings

3. FireFreek
    OP

United States
    What video settings?

And I forgot to mention, it happens regardless of if i bought it or used wad manager.

4. WiiBlaster

United States
    in your Wii settings under Screen, i think

5. FireFreek
    OP

United States
    Settings were:
    Screen Position
    Widescreen Settings
    TV Resolution
    Burn-In Reduction

All of which are already at the right settings. These games worked a few months ago and I haven't changed any video settings... Perhaps it's because I have preloader with a region free hack, or that i have 4.0 and am missing an ios or something?

EDIT: In preloader (v.29 i think) I had a sys menu hack called "Region Free Channels" enabled. I disabled it and it still didn't work, so i guess it's not that.

6. WiiBlaster

United States
    i dunno only time i got a black screen in a VC Game, and when i press the home button that it appeared. was when i needed to change my TV Resolution, in the wii settings. Just try changing the resolution and see if it works,

and also you can try this, good chance this below will help you, I'm guessing your using HD correct, some VC titles dont care for HD at all.

http://www.vc-forums.com/list-vc-titles-su...102.html?t=2102

edit: Also if you are having some other unseen problem i can't help you sorry