Homebrew SnemulSNES for R4 1.16

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated my R4 firmware. When I keep the SNES folder in my root it works fine. However, all it allows me to access is the SNES emulator. AS if the only folder I had on my R4 was the SNES one. When I take it off, my system folder and etc reappear. Of course when I move it out of the root folder the emulator does not work. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix this?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because you're using an emulator that doesn't exist. The only SNES emulator for the DS with a name even remotely similar to that is SnemulDS.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
It's because you're using an emulator that doesn't exist. The only SNES emulator for the DS with a name even remotely similar to that is SnemulDS.
You could have pointed out the spelling error in a much nicer way. No need to be a spelling nazi about it.

As for the problem itself, it does sound like card corruption to me. Try TrolleyDave's suggestion.

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man for the defense on that. If you mean format the micro SD then yes I did format the card, and it is still doing the problem. Do you guys have R4 1.16 and are running the emu no prob? What else could it be. I actually put my system folder in the SNES folder, and i can access my games that way. However, it disables the ability to do cheats that way. Would re installing my firmware help?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
m3rox said:
You could have pointed out the spelling error in a much nicer way. No need to be a spelling nazi about it.

As for the problem itself, it does sound like card corruption to me. Try TrolleyDave's suggestion.

I think he did it because he wasn't smart enough to answer the question but still wanted to sound as clever as the average Temper. You have to feel sorry for him really.

QUOTE(vodoochild81 @ Mar 18 2008, 06:37 AM)
Thanks man for the defense on that. If you mean format the micro SD then yes I did format the card, and it is still doing the problem. Do you guys have R4 1.16 and are running the emu no prob? What else could it be. I actually put my system folder in the SNES folder, and i can access my games that way. However, it disables the ability to do cheats that way. Would re installing my firmware help?

Strange, I don't have any problems at all. Have you tried updating to to the new firmware released today or downgrading to an older version?

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the name of your snes directory? If it's something "funny" try renaming it to something simple like "snes". I have 1.16 and a snes folder and can browse it fine. I also put the snes.nds file in the root, and have only the rom files in the "snes" folder. Perhaps give that a try.

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea actually did that, and it worked. Thanks. The only problem is that most the ROMS run terrible, or don't even run at all.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you tinker around with the options you can sometimes get lucky and find a decent set of graphics configurations. There are a couple of compatibility lists about that may help you with this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them