SNEmulDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by nezkeys79, May 21, 2008.

May 21, 2008

SNEmulDS by nezkeys79 at 3:15 PM (1,531 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. nezkeys79
    OP

Newcomer nezkeys79 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    So I want to play GBA games on my DS and heard I need an EZ-Flash 3 in 1 card which is fine but less of that for now as I want to ask about playing snes games.

I am having lots of trouble trying to play them. Here is what I have done so far,

1. Downloaded snemulds v.06 and extracted the .nds file to the removable disk
    2. Downloaded a few snes roms and saved them onto my removable disk
    3. Loaded up snemulds and selected "select rom" but none are there.

The roms came from romnation and required me to install 7-zip on my computer. Help!

2. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    You need to place the games in a SNES folder on the root of your card. Try reading the instructions that came with SNEmuDS

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    1. You need to put the "snemul.cfg" file on the root of your card. This contains important fixes for certain games like Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger that make them more playable. Just make sure you don't save any settings when running the emulator, as v0.6 alpha has a nasty bug that overwrites the config file rather than adding on to it when you save settings for a certain game.

2. Follow Narin's instructions. Make sure your roms are uncompressed, in *.smc format.

4. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    .nds file
    Goes into either a /NDS/ directory or the root (Depends on your card), in any case, with your normal NDS files.

.smc's (SNES files)
    Goes into the /SNES/ directory, where you should keep all of your SNES games.

.cfg
    Goes into the root, regardless of card or placement of .nds file.

I thought the ReadMe had all of this info there? Funny, because it says "Read Me" for a reason there xP

In any case, if it still doesn't work, heh.

--
    There really needs to exist a single large FAQ/Q&A on here that goes over most of the basics. Perhaps I'll work on one. :S

5. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    I got really frustrated with this because a lot of the games I tried wouldn't boot. The only game that has worked well so far is chrono trigger.

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    There are a lot of games that just can't be emulated at all. Maybe that's why.

7. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Uh...I dont know. Those same files work on my PC just fine. Maybe its your folder layout thats being stubborn?

Theres another SNES emulator out there if SNEmulDS really just doesn't work for you. Carefully reread the instructions that came with the Emulator.

8. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    EDIT: Sorry I did't mean to post here...