DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to play Super International Cricket (E) on SNEmulDS on my M3 DS Simply. Side note, I am using Mac OS X to transfer files. So I have created a /SNES/ folder in the root directory. And in that directory is the Cricket.smc rom file, I tried renaming it in case spaces or characters made an issue. In the root directory is the SNEmulds.nds and snemul.cfg. It seams to launch ok... but ends with error...

rompath = /SNES/
No files found.
Please put ROMs in /SNES/ Directory of your CF/SD card

.smc file is fine for snes rom, works fine in a SNES emu I have on my Mac OS X.
Any tips? Thanks.

Lurick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine how Mac OS would make things any different, so long as the card is formatted as FAT (and we know it is). I'd make absolutely certain that the SNES folder is actually in the "root" directory of your card ... I don't intend any offense, mind, but you'd be surprised how many problems I've seen that are the end result of someone not actually doing something they were SURE they had done.

So, look again. Also, when you refer to the "/snes/" directory, you're including the forwarded slashes. "/" isn't a valid character for folder names in Windows, but I'm not sure about Mac OS. I'm sure it's not possible, but to cover all our bases -- you're not LITERALLY naming the folder "/SNES/", rather than just "SNES," right?

Second of all, you did patch with DLDI, right? It won't work unless you do.

I'd recommend the following -- once again, no offense if this is insulting your intelligence, but unless you messed up somewhere along these lines, it should not be erroring on you:

1) Patch the emulator with DLDI first.

2) Just delete the SNES folder you've got now, make another, naming it NOTHING but "SNES." Put it right next to your emulator binary file in the card's root directory, but don't put the emulator INTO the folder. Keep both objects in the root.

3) Put your ROMs in the SNES folder. One rom isn't sufficient for testing ... you just have "cricket" right now, which isn't enough. Get at least four or five good, solid, tested ROM files, don't attempt to "trim" them, and put them into the folder.

It definitely should not be erroring on you if you followed all of that exactly.

One more thing, off-topic, so it comes last ... get a PC!
rolleyes.gif

DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
it was just SNES... i just put the / to make ppl know it's a folder. i didn't previously dldi patch it... i have now (even tried both that are available for the M3 w/ SD), same results. don't see why that'd be the issue as the actual emulator loaded fine before. i've tried placing multiple tested roms in the folder (a newly created folder), still won't detect them. it is in FAT file format, as my other nds roms wouldn't work, nor would the main emulator. any other suggestions? if not i'm giving up, it's not really that important to me.

EDIT... looking at the comment thread on the SNEmulDS devs page... there's lots of others with same issue on the M3 card. Maybe i'll have to wait for next update.

And I'll never get a windows PC again. i used those pieces of crap since Win 3.1 until Win XP (and have played with Vista on a partition on my MacBook Pro)... and I still troubleshoot windows for customers every day... i don't want to see another one ever again, unless i'm forced to like at my work place.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, i've got a Simply and it won't find ROMs for me either, and i've followed the advice in here to a T.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1