SnemulDS savestates on Supercard DS-One

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by granville, Oct 27, 2008.

Oct 27, 2008
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I'm having issues with using SnemulDS's savestates on Supercard DS-One. When I save or load a savestate, the music sort of freezes and within the next few seconds, the entire emulator freezes. I have to restart the thing. I realize that savestates can cause some games to freeze up, but not all of them.

I used to have an R4 and never had the issue. I'm using the same MicroSD as I did before (Sandisk 1GB Taiwan). Only the Supercard does this. Any ideas or suggestions. I can try to avoid using savestates, but they're convenient for me.

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    The EZ-Flash V used to have a similar problem with jEnesisDS, and it was the result of the DLDI patch using memory that the emulator was using at the same time; a new version was written which was more self-contained and it's now possible to save state in jDS without the emu crashing or graphics becoming massively corrupted. It's possible something similar is going on here; does the Supercard allow you to update your DLDI patch, or is it internal to the firmware? On the EZ-V, it's simply a matter of extracting the new DLDI patch into /moonshl/.

3. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I'll try to explain. I patch the SnemulDS.nds file manually on my PC with the appropriate DLDI patch. I forgot, but did the DS-One support auto-DLDI patching?

Also, I neglected to mention that I also have a 3-in-1 expansion pack in slot-2.

And I guess it's important to mention that no other homebrew gives me any trouble. JenesisDS, Lameboy, and ApprenticeMinusDS, and ScummVMDS all work fine with properly-functioning savestates. And I patched them with the same DLDI driver as well.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The SCDS supports automatic DLDI patching. Open up the patch menu and see if you have it enabled.

If you aren't using automatic patching, try using a different DLDI file for the SCDS. There should be a couple on the DLDI wiki you can try.