Homebrew [SNEmulDS] Rebirth the project and update it for the last DKP

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SNEmelDS is pretty good for what it does as well as impressive, i was thinking about making a port of ZSNES for fun and to try to see i could, it would prob end up on the psp as well, but man this looks great! Also SNEmelDS runs Super Mario All-Stars pretty well

Question, does Shin Megami Tensei work on here im quite intrested?
It worked on the version included with Twilight Menu last time I checked, but the HUD/GUI (Or whatever it's called) looked awfully wrong

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's really cool that you got this working.
How does the title screen look?
the "3" in the title screen as well the characters, bosses and what not, use the CX4 chip.

Kudos for all SNES emu devs who made this possible out there, i just transplanted CX4 code Snes9X and wired it to SnemulDS IO map

Now now, old man. Calm down and go take your meds. This isn't a frickin' competition, you know? I doubt games with enhancement chips beyond Mega Man X2 and X3 will run well anyway
Go fuck yourself.

Attachments

• mx3.png
    mx3.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 66

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, I just tried it until the first dream sequence. Such graphical glitches make the game near unplayable for me
didn't mind that, i mean the text was fucked so i did with that i could do. demons is where it fucked up and crashed everytime i left, would be nice for a patch for this if he dosen't mind

Reactions: Cris1997XX

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now now, old man. Calm down and go take your meds. This isn't a frickin' competition, you know? I doubt games with enhancement chips beyond Mega Man X2 and X3 will run well anyway
Imagine thinking that someone angry is just on meds and its not because you guys are offering non-constructive yet rude criticism about pointless things that are not even on the priority list.
Also, what source do you even have to make that wild claim?

elrayo

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have a question, out of sheer curiosity since I never got into the PSP scene (last I remember is the Pandora Battery, to show how out-of-date I am): how well does Super Mario RPG work on the latest versions of that emulator? It's something SNEmulDS will never be able to emulate.

Or is it still best to grab that special copy of Snes9xTYL that supported the SA-1 coprocessor and used an old speedhack database? I was the one who made the speedhacks to make that playable with minimal frameskip, back in the day. Just curious what the current best option is for that game in particular.

I don't know how they managed to do it but as far as i remember, when i first got my PSP (in 2011) the SNES emulator i had sucked so bad that i couldn't play a bunch of games, but somehow I managed to download a Snes9xTYLme Mod 180404 which is able to run Super Mario RPG decently. Some areas run at 60 fps, some others don't but overall is super playable

Reactions: Nikokaro

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey, SNES emulation on DS has barely got any love in this last (decade?). Any amount of work towards making it better is immensely welcome!

Haven't read what was said earlier, but it's a fact that being aggresive or negative towards developers and their work never had any good result. Even if you were weirdly egoistic and self centered... it won't help you either.

It's been proven lots of times already, that violence/being aggresive/pure negativity just discourages people to follow their desires. And then everybody complains why nobody did anything about it.

I'm very happy about what's happening, and I thank you a lot 🧡 even if I don't play Megaman, anything good is happily welcome.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine thinking that someone angry is just on meds and its not because you guys are offering non-constructive yet rude criticism about pointless things that are not even on the priority list.
Also, what source do you even have to make that wild claim?
If i was being a dick, im sorry. I do let myself go overboard sometimes and yea...... im pretty sorry

Reactions: Coto

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nah, your messages are cool. Contributive too.

I was just annoyed at the other guys. Jayro and Cris specifically.
Oh yeah, because I overplayed the DS' measly hardware and said "Hurr durr, it can do way better than this". C'mon, at least I'm more coherent than that Jayro dude

Last edited by Cris1997XX,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
C'mon, at least I'm more coherent than that Jayro clown
It is not my place to meddle in matters that do not concern me, but to make up for an offense you have made a worse one, moreover for no reason. My lad, why this gratuitous, unfair and ungallant offense, moreover to a lady older and more mature than you, whom you don't know at all and will surely be hurt by this? Mind you, I live near you and may come and spank you when you least expect it. 👋👋 🧐

• Angry

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not my place to meddle in matters that do not concern me, but to make up for an offense you have made a worse one, moreover for no reason. My lad, why this gratuitous, unfair and ungallant offense, moreover to a lady older and more mature than you, whom you don't know at all and will surely be hurt by this? Mind you, I live near you and may come and spank you when you least expect it. 👋👋 🧐
NGL, this sounds like a disturbing threat. Imagine sleeping then Nikokaro breaks into your house and spanks you..... It's both disturbing as well as funny

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, because I overplayed the DS' measly hardware and said "Hurr durr, it can do way better than this". C'mon, at least I'm more coherent than that Jayro dude
Oh, my goal was not to say you both annoyed me the same way. If you took it like that, I'm sorry.
But just saying, you were attacking coto at a personal level, while Jayro just attacked his ambition. There is a thin line.

I think it might be best to just move on. Let's get this thread back on topic.

• Angry

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very interesting. I tested with my DS Phat, slot-1 Supercard DS One:i, using the English version of Super Mario Kart. I was able to see the title screen and the demo that plays if you don't press any buttons, but was not able to get in-game. The entire DS froze when it should have showed the character select screen, and the buttons and touchscreen stopped working, so I had to press the Power button to try again.

I was using "SNEmulDS_dsp.nds" and the "snemul.cfg" file from your link, with my roms in /SNES/

Should I try using the PAL version of Super Mario Kart? Of course I understand this branch is experimental; just hope I can get as far in-game as you have.

Congrats on the progress! I never thought I'd see this day.

EDIT: if anyone is interested in a blast-from-the-past, here's a very old crummy Youtube video I once made that showed how Super Mario Kart worked (it didn't) on Snezziboy for the GBA, which eventually turned into SnezziDS for the DS. The context behind the video isn't important nowadays. Just watch from this specific timestamp (5:36) onwards:

Attachments

• photo_2022-10-10_23-36-50.jpg
    photo_2022-10-10_23-36-50.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 59
  • photo_2022-10-10_23-36-46.jpg
    photo_2022-10-10_23-36-46.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 49
  • photo_2022-10-10_23-36-42.jpg
    photo_2022-10-10_23-36-42.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by DanTheManMS,

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Very interesting. I tested with my DS Phat, slot-1 Supercard DS One:i, using the English version of Super Mario Kart. I was able to see the title screen and the demo that plays if you don't press any buttons, but was not able to get in-game. The entire DS froze when it should have showed the character select screen, and the buttons and touchscreen stopped working, so I had to press the Power button to try again.

I was using "SNEmulDS_dsp.nds" and the "snemul.cfg" file from your link, with my roms in /SNES/

Should I try using the PAL version of Super Mario Kart? Of course I understand this branch is experimental; just hope I can get as far in-game as you have.

Congrats on the progress! I never thought I'd see this day.

EDIT: if anyone is interested in a blast-from-the-past, here's a very old crummy Youtube video I once made that showed how Super Mario Kart worked (it didn't) on Snezziboy for the GBA, which eventually turned into SnezziDS for the DS. The context behind the video isn't important nowadays. Just watch from this specific timestamp (5:36) onwards:

Thanks!

Yes, all TGDS software (SnemulDS included) needs to be ran through ToolchainGenericDS-multiboot. Both NTR and TWL modes.
I updated README.MD in dsp branch as well.

edit: Also got fixed an issue with SnemulDS branch not downloading due to excessive repository size, it's back to normal now so it should be available again.

Last edited by Coto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: "least tried"