1. wariobar

wariobar Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Thanks Coto! I just tried and It doesn't work still. I have been doing some tests, I hope it helps you to find where the issue is. It looks like the problem is happening when I try to run a rom where is located at more than 1 dir level.

Using the new ARM9DLDI commit:

Loading a game from x:/snes/aladdin >> works
    Loading a game from x:/test/aladdin >> works
    Loading a game from x:/00_ROMS/aladdin >> doesn't work
    Loading a game from x:/00_ROMS/SUPER NINTENDO/aladdin >> doesn't work (this is my current folder set up that was working until now)

In snemul.cfg I have the following:
    ROMPath = 00_ROMS/SUPER NINTENDO

When I run SNEmulDS from YSMenu it goes to the above dir (00_ROMS/SUPER NINTENDO) without any problem

Last edited by wariobar, Aug 7, 2020
    Coto likes this.
  2. Coto

Coto -

Chile
    Folder names should not have any whitespaces.

Also in the meantime the UI has some issues when moving between directories. For now, please set a static folder in snemul.cfg and choose the file directly without moving to other directories, that is another bug.

edit: Or you can load any file through TGDS-multiboot directly regardless of how many times you move between directories. If you get it to work that is

Last edited by Coto, Aug 7, 2020
  3. wariobar

wariobar Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    It is still not working even with a static folder defined in snemul.cfg, without any whitespace in the folder names and, not moving from between directories. But it is not a big deal Coto, I moved my roms to a folder called snes in the root and it is working again. No idea about TGDS-multiboot, I have to do some digging.

So finally I could see the SAVE/LOAD funtionability :) , thank you!! I know it is experimental and I saw that doesn't work consecutively, but it nice to have it.

4. Coto

Coto -

Chile
    I will fix that. Also I will disable the DIR iteration in UI, it's very annoying.

edit:
    @wariobar
    So I ended up tossing out the buggy UI code and used the TGDS one. But hey at least it's now functional and fixes your issues under certain directory names, also it isn't crashing anymore while file browsing should just work.

Changelog:
    https://bitbucket.org/Coto88/snemulds/commits/5bc78de18fe5f8eb6df334a395062c01f9138994

Last edited by Coto, Aug 8, 2020
    DanTheManMS and wariobar like this.
  5. Ajlr

Ajlr Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    The menu is still buggy.

6. wariobar

wariobar Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Have you tried with a different loader as YSMenu, HBMenu, DSOrganize, moonshell2, etc. ?

In my case with an R4 sdhc card, Coto88's SNEmulDS version works with YSMenu or HBMenu

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [SNEmulDS], Rebirth, project