SneMulDS or SnesDS?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by kevenka, May 28, 2008.

1. kevenka
    OP

kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    I can't seem to run the SnesDS on my cyclod but when I run the SnemulDS, the game runs but some of the chatting boxes and other words are cut off. Is that common or am I the only one who messed up? Please help me find the best Super Nintendo Emulator(The game I was trying was Crono Trigger). I am not sure if it was a bad dump though.(Likely not, but please post some feedbacks.)

2. Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Miami
    I use M3 Real, I get the same problem with SNEmulDS, the cut off words that is. I tried Chrono Trigger too, but that's happened in a few other games, it might be the overlapping of the chat-box borders. :/

3. Mario264

Mario264 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2008
    SneMulDS is the best DS emulator out there. yes you do get cut off text sadly although it can look better if you change the Scaling. I found that bottom was the best scale for me [​IMG]

4. Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Miami
    Scaling? Do you mean YScroll? If so, yes "Bottom" helps a lot.

To be honest, I think that the Wiki page should be re-done to include 'best settings' for every game. I'm not sure if SNEmulDS keeps the information on how to 'display' each game, or where it does, but a file maximized for all of them (Or one for each) would be nice as well. :/

5. Mario264

Mario264 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2008
    Yeah i was talking about YScroll [​IMG] and yeah saving your display settings for each game would be good! [​IMG]

6. kevenka
    OP

Jul 15, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    I fixed the crono trigger with a help of my friend at school. He changed I think the Yscroll to 24+ which allows you to read the dialogue clearly. Hope this helps you crono fans. Kevin

7. Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Miami
    What version are you using? I use .5, and YScroll only has 3 options I see "Top, Middle, Bottom", is there another way, perhaps GFX Options?

8. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    v0.6 Alpha has the other Yscroll options he's talking about.

9. Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Miami
    Oh okay, perfect, I'll have to upgrade then -sighs largely-

I thought .6a had problems with many games all over again though? @_@;

10. Pimpmynintendo

Pimpmynintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 18, 2008
    United States
    Arkansas
    Just curious but whats the difference between snemulds 0.6 WIP2 and snemulds 0.6a?

11. Dylan

Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Mar 7, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    wouldn't take you very long to just try both and see for yourself.

800th post! [​IMG]

12. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    The regular v0.6 Alpha version doesn't work on some standalone slot-2 devices (M3 Perfect, slot-2 Supercard, etc) since its slot-2 RAM support was experimental. The WIP2 version fixes this. The only other change is that the WIP2 version has a button in the upper right hand corner that turns off the bottom screen, useful for battery saving.

13. kevenka
    OP

Jul 15, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    ah, thanks Dan. Useful info.