SnemulDS on G6 DS Real?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Eclipse0219, Oct 16, 2007.

Oct 16, 2007

SnemulDS on G6 DS Real? by Eclipse0219 at 3:42 PM (1,135 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Eclipse0219
    OP

Newcomer Eclipse0219 Member

United States
    Does anybody have SnemulDS on their G6 DS Real? If so could you help me putting it on mine?

2. VenomSymbiote

Newcomer VenomSymbiote Advanced Member

United States
    It's really simple. First get the latest version, they just released a new one and the design/layout/etc are rather nice. There'll be two files. SNEmulDS.nds, and SNEmulDS.cfg, stick these right on the card, not in any folder. Just right in the root. Now make a new folder in root called SNES, all in caps. Put your roms here. That's all, should work fine if you did all that. Hope that helps.

3. Eclipse0219
    OP

United States
    Super Ghouls and Ghosts brings back memories [​IMG] too bad I couldn't play Super Mario RPG though. I didn't realize everything had to be in the root now I got a lot of other stuff to work that I couldn't earlier thanks a lot.

4. VenomSymbiote

United States
    No problem, glad I could help. Sadly, from what I've heard, it'll probably be impossible to emulate some games on the DS. Mario RPG being one of them.

5. Eclipse0219
    OP

United States
    Nevermind I give up on Homebrew. I got it working earlier and just a second ago I was trying to play Act Raiser and it froze. I turned it off and back on then that crap that asks you if you wanna run the mini loader came up. I connected the G6 to my computer and when I opened it I had no space at all but there was nothing at all on my card, so, once again I had to reformat it, which really sucks because I have to start all over on Zelda, again, and Bleach BoF, which I got all the characters on and crap and I doubt I'll do it again. Oh well.

6. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I'm sorry,
    the same thing happened to me as well a couple of weeks ago.
    I have to G6real, one for me, and one for my brother(the newest one).
    Mines never had any problem, although my brother's one became sorrupted in the same way you describe after only one week.
    Luckily though I had just moved all his save files from the M3 to the PC and converted them online, therefore after formatting the G6real I was able to retrieve most files.
    What can I tell you ? It's always a good idea to backup your save files, it's really fast if you think about it( instead of backup the whole card you just select the files you want to save ) and it can save a lot of disappointment if you get in any trouble.
    I do perform backups on a regular basis, but most importantly I backup at least the save files before I try to install new homebrews.

7. VenomSymbiote

United States
    Are you making sure to "Safely remove" the G6 usb thing? You have to right click the icon in the tray, remove safely, stop it from reading/writing, and confirm. A little message will show up on the bottom saying "It is now safe to remove the drive" or whatever. You'll know it's ok to take it out because the blue light on the G6 doohicky wont be flashing.

8. EmeraldEx

Member EmeraldEx GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Can also happen if you don't put the card in the adapter BEFORE plugging the adapter in.

9. Eclipse0219
    OP

United States
    Yea thats how it messed up the first time, I wasn't putting it in right or removing it right, but this time it was after I had unplugged it. I was playing it and it was working fine for awhile, I played Ghouls N Ghosts, Donkey Kong Country, and Chrono Trigger with no problems at all, but when I tried to play Act Raiser it just froze on me and thats when everything messed up.

10. VenomSymbiote

United States
    It's possible Act Raiser doesn't work well in the emulator. Some games just wont, like I said. I don't know the list of ones that don't work offhand, however. Reformatting it again if you already have. I only had to reformat mine once, and that was because I had a corrupt file I couldn't delete. Which was on an error of my own.

11. Eclipse0219
    OP

United States
    Yea that happened to me too before, but Act Raiser was on the compatibility list. I'll just wait til they come out with the final version of it.