Homebrew SnemulDS help

pilotwangs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was wondering if someone could help me in finding out a problem I have.

I have just downloaded the latest version of SnemulDS and made a SNES folder in the root of my MicroSD,and put the ''Super Mario RPG'' rom in it.
I loaded up the emulator and chose the rom,but all I get is a white screen.

Have I done something wrong?
Or does the emulator have a problem playing the rom?

Thanks in advance.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tip here REMOVE YOUR 3 IN 1 or edit the INI file so it does not use the 3 IN 1 for extra ram!

the 3 in 1 will stop roms loading or some from loading when its plugged in!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the only emu that will run Super Mario RPG on Nintendo consoles are the official Virtual Console title, or SNES9x-Wii

You can always use your PC too!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
psycoblaster said:
kobykaan said:
tip here REMOVE YOUR 3 IN 1 or edit the INI file so it does not use the 3 IN 1 for extra ram!

the 3 in 1 will stop roms loading or some from loading when its plugged in!
no, it's just that this rom is incompatible with the emu

it was a generalised tip ... try loading some roms like donkey kong country with the 3 in 1 in it will not load ... remove it /edit the ini and it will load!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan, the problem isn't the EZ... the game itself needs a specific chip set that the emulator on the DS isn't programmed for.

The SA-1 chip is emulated in the PC and Wii version of SNES9x, but SnemulDS doesn't have the SA-1 chip emulation, so it cannot properly play the ROM, with or without the EZ.

Yes, I agree that sometimes on certain Slot 1 cards and certain emulators, it will attempt to use a Slot 2 device as extra RAM to emulate the games properly, but SM RPG is in a class of it's own.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see kobykaan mentioning SMRPG anywhere. He was just giving a generalized tip for 3in1 users, as he is right in that some games will fail to load unless you modify the *.ini file correctly. I highly doubt he was trying to argue that SMRPG is playable with the option changed.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
I don't see kobykaan mentioning SMRPG anywhere. He was just giving a generalized tip for 3in1 users, as he is right in that some games will fail to load unless you modify the *.ini file correctly. I highly doubt he was trying to argue that SMRPG is playable with the option changed.

cheers dan for backing me on this .. furthermore if you were to read other posts by me regarding SnemulDS I do state that it cannot run any games that need the FX chip as it cannot emulate the hardware!

it also says in the second post by ZML that it cannot emulate the chip!

I know what it can and cannot do/load ... but was merely posting information about the 3 in 1 causing issues for the benefit of other forum users that come across this thread with similar 3 in 1 type questions
smile.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Jordan10la said:
zidane_genome said:
the only emu that will run Super Mario RPG on Nintendo consoles are the official Virtual Console title, or SNES9x-Wii
Mario RPG is not a Virtual Console title.
Mario RPG has been released for Virtual Console in Japan.

kevinup91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, Mario RPG is an extremely long (and good) game which explains it as one of the heftiest sized SNES games, probably explaining why it needed that chip (correct?).

Secondly, just to tell you, I have had some bad experiences with SnemulDS, one of which occurred during a freeze-up of Super Mario World which essentially bricked my MicroSD. The computer wouldn't even read it so I had to force my camera to format something it did not read
tongue.gif
. Thgat worked btw. So, if this ever happens to you just try that.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of other 4 MB games that don't use any coprocessor chips (DKC series and Chrono Trigger among others), so I'd imagine the extra chip was more used for graphics rendering and math computation.

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
There are plenty of other 4 MB games that don't use any coprocessor chips (DKC series and Chrono Trigger among others), so I'd imagine the extra chip was more used for graphics rendering and math computation.
Maybe. Kirby : SuperStar I have found to do the exact same thing is SnemulDS, and I don't think it'd require extra graphics rendering.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...