SNEmulDS 0.6 alpha now available

archeide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The preview-alpha version of SNEmulDS 0.6 is now available for all the brave testers around the world!

The GUI artworks are not ready, so you have a "naked" and not very pretty GUI, but at least, you have the multi languages support! So you can check if your language is correct.
Here is the list of available languages : Japanese (Katakana only), English, French, German, Italian, Spanish,
Portuguese, Catalan, Polish, Dutch, Danish (those last five are made available by editing the snemul.cfg file).

Various External RAM packages can be used to improve large rom emulation : Supercard (32MB), M3 (32MB), Opera (8MB), EZ3/4/3-in-1 (8-16MB), G6 (32MB).
There may be some problems with the external RAM library when lanching snemulds from slot2. Please tell me.

Scaling support has three modes :
- Full screen : nearly like snezzids
- Half scaling : "smart" scaling, only reduce half the backgrounds, and doesn't squish sprites. It looks quite fine in games.
- No scaling : no scaling at all, classic SNEmulDS mode, still default

Here is the complete list of changes compated to 0.5 beta:

- New GUI using framebuffer for sub screen
- Better human interface, improved file selector (alphabetical sorted), buttons, check boxes, multi choose zones, etc.
- New GUI supports joypad (joypad is not supported when emulator is running however).
- Multi language support (more than 10 supported, including katakan japanese !)
- Memory pak support (Opera RAM, Slot 2 card reader, etc. using libram) with paging or with large ROM mapping
- Scaling with pseudo bi-linear filtering and sprites squishing : full screen scaling (like snezzids), half scaling (half scaled and without sprites squishing), and no scaling (classic snemulds mode)
- Autiomatic SRAM saving when needed
- Some other bugfixes and improvements in GUI

http://snemul.com/ds/SNEmulDSv06.zip

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WOW! Earthbound is perfect now (from what I have tested). Im using M3 lite as a expansion btw

EDIT - Hmmm.... I seem to be having problems on this frezzing on me D=

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a White Screen on Chrono Trigger and Cannon Fodder, suggestions?

Music is working, and save states are loading but with still white screen

Edit-Almost forgot, using an R4 with opera rom expansion

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dkc works but not with the 3-in-1 expansion
frown.gif

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Its still some problem whive it ex. super metroid works good but when you paus you got a black screen and when you resum from paus ist normal again. FF5 works but not so good. you cant see meny and battle options.

but all mario games and zelda: a link to past works fine
yaynds.gif

Neoaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

yooeee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm also getting the white screen on chrono trigger with the 3in1. megaman x looks like it's working fine. haven't played enough to check layer issues

Echo1

Trophies
XP
Country
dkc works but not with the 3-in-1 expansion
frown.gif

Yes it does, just tried it.

Are you sure about that? Did you have the 3-in-1 expansion pack slot-in by any chance? I just did a test on DKC 1, 2 and 3 with the 3-in-1 and it just freezes after loading the game. But without it, the game boots and runs fine.

Yeah, I am sure. My 3-in-1 never leaves my DSL (no need, see). Says it's using External RAM on loading (the game - DKC).
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over