SNEmulDS 0.5a

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by cornaljoe, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cornaljoe
    OP

cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2006
    United States
    This time, after sound and CPU, the big update is on graphics side! The graphics engine has been entirely rewritten and should offer a much better look for most games (especially RPG like Chrono Trigger)!

This alpha version also integrate a new configuration file, that allow you to choose the best options for each game.

-New GFX engine that support tile address alteration (For RPG games and others)
    -Faster HDMA (Makes games like Chrono Trigger faster)
    -Much better line by line engine, which is now the default (Old tile mode is nearly broken in this alpha)
    -Better transparency support
    -Other GFX updates: Moved sprites 1 pixel down, Background color alteration by scanlines, fixed 16px tiles flip, better mode 5, better scrolling, new squish method.
    -Added configuration file support snemul.cfg (no saving support yet in this alpha) that allow specific configuration for each game.

Download
    Source

2. dunderhead

dunderhead Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    I have to say, I'm very very impressed with the progress this program is making. I just loaded up Chrono Trigger, and the improvement is dramatic, although there's still work to be done obviously. The levels in Donkey Kong Country seem to be playing perfectly. I can't wait for future releases!

3. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    thanks for the tip [​IMG] news posted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice