Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

SNEmulDS 0.4 Final Released

Out of beta

SNEmulDS4final.jpg

Archeide's has released an impressive update for SNEmulDS, which brings it to version 0.4 Final. This new version of the popular SNES emulator increases compatibility and stability along with various bug fixes and new features. It's always great to see SNES emulators taking steps forward on the DS as they are one of the most sought after emulators for the system.

changelog said:
- Fixed ROM paging, this should improve stability of large ROMs (especillay DKC2)

- Some CPU instructions were bugged because of the way SNEmulDS write in I/O ports, this should also improve stability (ie Crash before first boss in Zelda)

- Fixed a bug that made Chrono Trigger freeze during battles

- Changed the way emulator detect blank screen (Street Fighter Turbo, RTYPE3, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest now works)

- Fixed some bugs with SRAM memory, which unlock most ROM protections (Uniracer, Bust-a-move, … now boot)

- Now sound core doesn’t randomly crash when using line by line engine

- Better reset of sound core, some games now run correctly when they are launched after another game (ie Super Bomberman >2)

- Save states also save options

- Added background layer selector. You can again enable/disable backgrounds.

- Added hinge support. If you close you DS, emulation is stopped and SRAM is saved.

- SRAM is now automatically saved before loading another ROM

Be sure to patch the file with DLDI before use. As always download your latest homebrew locally from GBAtemp below.

download.gif
Download

icon11.gif
Homepage

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKC works, not sure if it did in the last version..

but i cant get SF2 working. it still has the same bug. once that bug's gone a ton of other games will surely to work

Lurick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for posting about the update; as an R4 owner, SnemulDS is basically my one-and-only option for SNES emulation. I'm glad the updates come so rapidly!

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
SF2 Turbo runs much better, anyone got any settings to make the backgrounds look as good as possible? I've managed to get them pretty stable without glitching all over the place by enabling wait vblank but they're still quite funky.

Anyone found any half decent game that works flawless?

EDIT: Bomberman 3 works very well.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WOW!

Castlevania Dracula X now RUNS very well (fullspeed). With minor bg glitches on the first level though (complicated burning effect, just turn off BG3).

Demon's Crest runs almost PERFECT! Turn vblank on though, so the background won't shake.

Many games now work very well. I'm sure we'll have a very good SNES emulator in 2-3 months, that's just incredible. No need for PSP now.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has problems with games that have text boxes sometimes they hide behind objects. No probs so far with Super Mario World, Zelda, Contra 3, Donkey Kong Country 3, Zombies Ate My Neighbours.

EDIT: Compatibility list yar, list isnt complete but good for now.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This man is a freaking god in my book!

Here's some games i've tried

Uniracers - Now boots and runs at good speed without vblank on. However, graphics seem to mess up after a little while in play (numbers pop out etc)

Road Runner - Boots and you can now actually see the playing char. But the background is messed up (doesn't follow properly)

Legend of the Mystical Ninja - Seems to be fully playable with some background setting tweaks, only played to the first boss but so far so good.

U.N Squadron - As before, background doesn't follow properly at the bottom of the screen. But other than that it's fully playable.

Final Fight Guy - Now works, but the background doesn't appear when you have vblank on. But it shows perfectly when you have it off. Fully playable without vblank and no speed hacks (speed is normally around 100% but sometimes goes up to around 115%)

Knights of the Round - Perfectly playable (didn't boot up in prev versions)

Final Fantasy 2 - Still messed up text

Batman and Robin - Doesn't even get to the title screen now. It played perfectly in the prev version with a high chance of game freezing before.

Simpsons Virtual bart - Freezes before getting to title screen

Street fighter 2 - You can now see gameplay, but background is messed up (doesn't matter)

Battletoads in Battlemaniac - You can actually get to gameplay now but nothing works, unplayable.

Hook - Doesn't boot

Those are my tests so far, I tried pretty much all possible combinations and settings to run the game perfectly with speed and tile settings. But I would still recommend others trying the ones I had problems with, maybe you will get it running with a different rom files or something
smile.gif

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok i put the emu on my card and i made a directory named snes on my card also

i put on super street fighter 2.smc

but nothing i get a white screen and it says i have no files in m y snes directory ?

anyone know why ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: