Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Up to now it won't update anything in boot2. It reports boot2-v5 installed which is higher than the acutal v4 -> no update. Else it would only update the file sd:/boot2.bin

that boot2.bin basicly is SNEEK so I highly doubt crediar coded the boot2 update function so that it replaces SNEEK... .
He said that he implemented the boot2 function that it returns success but actually doesn't do anything at all.

On guy wondered about identity theft, you basicly need three things to steal an identity and one thing is not part of a NAND dump so you don't have to worry about that.
But you still shouldn't give others your NAND dump since it's still illegal.

Gokiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is SNEEK V2 released yet? And if so where can I get it, can someone point me in the right direction? (sorry if asking this isn't allowed, if so mod please delete this post:P) Or is there only info available for now?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know that it will do too much to help recover wiis itself. since the whole point is to not make any changes to the nand. the benefit of this is to let people not brick their wii in the first place.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
supersonic5000 said:
So does this require bootmii as boot2? I haven't seen any clarification on that yet.

bootmii as boot2 is the easiest option but not required.
bootmii as IOS works aswell but to start SNEEK you have to load IOS254(not sure about the number).

The way it's started doesn't matter
So then it would be possible to have priiloader load the IOS and SNEEK begin right after that? I guess I'll be seeing when it comes out, I'm just curious to know if I will be able to use this and use it easily, meaning direct boot into emulated NAND.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VashTS said:
SanGor said:
supersonic5000 said:
So does this require bootmii as boot2? I haven't seen any clarification on that yet.

bootmii as boot2 is the easiest option but not required.
bootmii as IOS works aswell but to start SNEEK you have to load IOS254(not sure about the number).

The way it's started doesn't matter
So then it would be possible to have priiloader load the IOS and SNEEK begin right after that? I guess I'll be seeing when it comes out, I'm just curious to know if I will be able to use this and use it easily, meaning direct boot into emulated NAND.

I'm fairly sure that will work, just have priiloader set to autoboot BootMii/IOS and it should load SNEEK directly after power on. Provided you don't ever boot to your actual NAND, you will then have no brick risk. Still not quite as good as BootMii/boot2, but this way, you should find it much harder to brick your Wii, so you shouldn't need to recover (which is the main benefit of BootMii/boot2).

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you probably won't want to use SNEEK as your exclusive environment until the cIOS's can be made compatible with it, but you can always use it to test things out before trying them on your real NAND, I suppose.

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, preview video is ready to be rendered which I will do tomorrow. It will be a split-screen on what the Wii outputs and what SNEEK outputs throu USB Gecko.

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*bump*
QUOTE said:
*** crediar has changed the topic on channel #SNEEK to The closed beta is over thanks everyone for testing! You may now talk about SNEEK but NOT share any binaries!!27/28 on code.google!.
um, "..you will say 'Wow!'"
wink.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i don't care. i made a damn video and its encoding and im gonna upload it. and you people will watch it.
tongue.gif

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
*** crediar has changed the topic on channel #SNEEK to The closed beta is over thanks everyone for testing! You may now talk about SNEEK but NOT share any binaries!!27/28 on code.google!.

27/28 thats today or tomorrow peeps we'll be tryin this out soon enough

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)