OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
sk0ld said:
A few notes off the top of my head about the last beta build and usage in general.

You're going to want to use your fastest SD card, and speed depends greatly on the amount of content in the FS.
NAND FS dumped using FSToolbox work, as well as crediar's soon to be released FS dumper, and FS extracted from bootmii dumps. If you'd like to use dumps obtained with Waninkoko's FSdumper, you'll need to add what that program misses, specifically the files in /title/00000001/00000002/data/

Updating through the system menu is not only possible, but recommended as older system menu versions have been found to contain major bugs. SD reading is added, and apparently works well, however when loading a title/game via the system menu it hangs.

All system IOS load correctly with patches applied. Waninkoko's and Hermes cIOS fail. Don't kill the messenger. This includes 202, so mplayer_ce is essentially broken. Others have built their own cIOS, but I'm unsure of the modules included. To poorly summarize, newer homebrew works fine, depending of course on the IOS and storage it uses, and how it's implemented.
Does that mean cIOS199 mods??

I don't think so. cIOS199 is just waninkoko's IOS changed to install into a different slot...

Scolor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow this is great.
smile.gif
So I'll be able to do a lots of testing on my NAND.

Thanks Crediar!

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You all will surely enjoy it; it was fun beating the snot out of SNEEK.
smile.gif
Remember, for your SD cards if Bootmii don't like it nor will SNEEK.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Can people use a diff region NAND ?

Can you use an older sys menu so you get the functionality back from GC AR discs ?

If you currently have an old sys menu version that say doesn't support chans on SD, can you use a newer sys menu on SNEEK and run the chans | SNEEK > SD Menu > chan ?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:

Can you use an older sys menu so you get the functionality back from GC AR discs ?

If you currently have an old sys menu version that say doesn't support chans on SD, can you use a newer sys menu on SNEEK and run the chans | SNEEK > SD Menu > chan ?
It says in earlier posts that you can have any system menu and region dump and you can use the upgrade function

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
Slimmmmmm said:

It says in earlier posts that you can have any system menu and region dump and you can use the upgrade function

It does, but I bet that would be very slow copying the channel from SD to SD nand. Wouldn't it be easier to just install the channels to SD nand and use triiforce or GeckoOS to launch them if you have too many channels for the SM?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know before with v1, crediar said SD card would not be accessible as SD card, only as NAND (i.e. homebrew which accesses SD card wouldn't work_), but has he come up with a workaround for this or anything, or is there still no way to access SD when in SNEEK-emulated System?

Also, can you use a dump from another Wii?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
I know before with v1, crediar said SD card would not be accessible as SD card, only as NAND (i.e. homebrew which accesses SD card wouldn't work_), but has he come up with a workaround for this or anything, or is there still no way to access SD when in SNEEK-emulated System?

Also, can you use a dump from another Wii?
would think so cause you can use simple filesystem dumper

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
EDIT : I'm curious, Why do 222/3 &249 not work?
We don't know. Crediar mentioned that SNEEK doesn't have any checks in place, so I think you're going to have to ask Waninkoko and Hermes about it when the code is public.
SifJar said:
As I understand it, SD has been added, and apparently tested to work well, but is disabled because it breaks loading from the SM. Crediar thinks it's probably waiting for something SD related.

Gokiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm this looks like a very interesting app. Basicly this allows you to experiment with your wii all you want and if something goes wrong, you just throw away the nand dump right? So this really only depends on the boot1 that is present on the wii being used right? I don't think it's even possible to damage this file, but as long as your wii still has a boot1 and a bootmii boot2 on it this app can run right? Even if the rest of the nand is completely blank or corrupted? Anyways thank you all the people working on this for taking the time to make these great apps! I'm really looking forward to this.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Though, shouldn't you still have a limit for the Channels? I mean, you only got some Pages in the main Wii-Menu...and when you now have more Channels than there's space, shouldn't this give problems? Just a thought...
I wonder if it would be possible to create a preloader hack that increased the number of pages in the system menu...

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
wilsoff said:
Blue-K said:
Though, shouldn't you still have a limit for the Channels? I mean, you only got some Pages in the main Wii-Menu...and when you now have more Channels than there's space, shouldn't this give problems? Just a thought...
I wonder if it would be possible to create a preloader hack that increased the number of pages in the system menu...

i think for this you would need to hack the SM's layout which i dont thinks possible yet

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gokiller said:
Hmm this looks like a very interesting app. Basicly this allows you to experiment with your wii all you want and if something goes wrong, you just throw away the nand dump right? So this really only depends on the boot1 that is present on the wii being used right? I don't think it's even possible to damage this file, but as long as your wii still has a boot1 and a bootmii boot2 on it this app can run right? Even if the rest of the nand is completely blank or corrupted? Anyways thank you all the people working on this for taking the time to make these great apps! I'm really looking forward to this.

yes you just need boot0/1/2 working for SNEEK to run, crediar acutally just made SNEEK for a Wii he has which has a broken NAND and nothing more then boot2 works.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you can run dumps from another nand. ive run r-win's PAL dump on my wii fine.

dumps people are using for triiforce probably wont work. sneek needs all the IOS and stuff that the simple dumper skips. it will be like turning on a wii with no IOS or system menu.

as for making a video, it would look like any other video of the wii.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giantpune said:
and if he wants so poor and had some stuff bought in the shop channel, i could have downloaded it.
So you can just steal someone's identity? The shop channel doesn't bother checking the wii's id from the SEEPROM?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this works with bootmii as IOS and boot2.

and to tueidj, you can download any channel from NUS if you have the key.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head