Hacking SNEEK v2

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, whereas Triiforce only allows you to play wiiware games + channels, SNEEK can load the sysmenu of a nand dump via boot2?

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metroid4life14 said:
So let me get this straight, whereas Triiforce only allows you to play wiiware games + channels, SNEEK can load the sysmenu of a nand dump via boot2?

Sneek can do everything triiforce will do and more. But what about the number of blank channels on our wii? Will Sneek + Triifroce work?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a nand dump i was using with sneek2 with every wiiware on it. crediar added a hack to get the system menu not to bitch about the size of the channels, but you are still limited to 47 titles to display. the rest are just not shown. if you really feel that you have 47 channels that are actually worth playing, you can simply rename the folders. i made a little program to list the contents of the fake nand and let me pick up to 47 titles and then split the folders into this.

title/00010001/blabla/ these will be shown by sneek
title_unused/00010001/blabla/

but all this is only for the system menu. you can use any homebrew that loads channels on the emulated nand and you will bypass the 47 limit. you just don't see the animation in the system menu.

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FenrirWolf said:
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this will let any wii be unbrickable, won't it? Since it runs from MINI it will just start right up for a BootMii/boot2 user from what I understand. Perhaps a console with only BootMii/IOS could install a Preloader to the real NAND, set it to autoboot an app that calls IOS254, causing SNEEK to run from startup with no user interaction. And since all updates would work through the virtual NAND they'd be just as protected as a BootMii/boot2 user.

Althrough the Preloader-way will cause the startup to possibly take forever (depending on the SD card)... yeah, correct.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
Det1re said:
Althrough the Preloader-way will cause the startup to possibly take forever (depending on the SD card)... yeah, correct.
enlighten me why that might be so :/
MINI simply takes longer to operate on some cards. I think it's more stable now, but remember how the first few releases of BootMii would run really fast for some people and terribly slow/not at all for others?

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FenrirWolf said:
Daco said:
Det1re said:
MINI simply takes longer to operate on some cards. I think it's more stable now, but remember how the first few releases of BootMii would run really fast for some people and terribly slow/not at all for others?

Yep. That's most of it. Also SD is a bit slower than NAND.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Det1re said:
FenrirWolf said:
Daco said:
Det1re said:

Yep. That's most of it. Also SD is a bit slower than NAND.
then the question is : why would it take even longer when using preloader instead of boot2 bootmii directly.. for that 1 sec preloader loads and starts the dol? then another 1/2 of a sec to reload to bootmii? :/
thats like
1,5s longer... still not forever...

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few notes off the top of my head about the last beta build and usage in general.

You're going to want to use your fastest SD card, and speed depends greatly on the amount of content in the FS.
NAND FS dumped using FSToolbox work, as well as crediar's soon to be released FS dumper, and FS extracted from bootmii dumps. If you'd like to use dumps obtained with Waninkoko's FSdumper, you'll need to add what that program misses, specifically the files in /title/00000001/00000002/data/

Updating through the system menu is not only possible, but recommended as older system menu versions have been found to contain major bugs. SD reading is added, and apparently works well, however when loading a title/game via the system menu it hangs.

All system IOS load correctly with patches applied. Waninkoko's and Hermes cIOS fail. Don't kill the messenger. This includes 202, so mplayer_ce is essentially broken. Others have built their own cIOS, but I'm unsure of the modules included. To poorly summarize, newer homebrew works fine, depending of course on the IOS and storage it uses, and how it's implemented.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also cIOScorp doesn't load. I had a nand dump working fine, then installed cIOScorp, and it doesn't even get the system menu. So those of you with the corp cant use a dump from your wii.

i have gotten some of the cIOScorp IOS to load in sneek, but not all of them.

EDIT>>>>
Well after some messing around, it seems that every cIOScorp IOS i tried loads fine EXCEPT 60. I have here a nand with 4.1 and priiloader. When I install all the corp IOSes, it cant even start to load the first part of IOS60. it just hangs. when i put the original IOS60 back on the nand, and tell priiloader to use 70, i am able to boot a rockband 2 DVDr and everything works as it should.

and when i add the same DIP from corp 3.6 to IOS60 and install that to the nand, it works. so something about the way they used IOS70 for the IOS60 there doesn't work in sneek.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i just want to ask one thing.........Will i be able to use a dump of my current nand and still retain usb loading? If cIOS 222/3 & 249 do not work then i presume not.
frown.gif

I hope it becomes possible tho because my nand is full of gamesaves and i am getting fed up with deleting them the ninty way, i presume i can use a pc to delete them from an emulated nand?

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sk0ld said:
A few notes off the top of my head about the last beta build and usage in general.

You're going to want to use your fastest SD card, and speed depends greatly on the amount of content in the FS.
NAND FS dumped using FSToolbox work, as well as crediar's soon to be released FS dumper, and FS extracted from bootmii dumps. If you'd like to use dumps obtained with Waninkoko's FSdumper, you'll need to add what that program misses, specifically the files in /title/00000001/00000002/data/

Updating through the system menu is not only possible, but recommended as older system menu versions have been found to contain major bugs. SD reading is added, and apparently works well, however when loading a title/game via the system menu it hangs.

All system IOS load correctly with patches applied. Waninkoko's and Hermes cIOS fail. Don't kill the messenger. This includes 202, so mplayer_ce is essentially broken. Others have built their own cIOS, but I'm unsure of the modules included. To poorly summarize, newer homebrew works fine, depending of course on the IOS and storage it uses, and how it's implemented.
you forgot SImple FS Dumper that can make a full fs dump ...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
i presume i can use a pc to delete them from an emulated nand?
yup. just delete the data folder for the game and its gone. likewise, you can install preloader, change versions of it, remove it, install channels, region change your nand, etc all with a pc

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Would this allow for burned disks to run "out of the box" since the rewritten ES module allows unsigned content? Or does that only mean channels? Just curious.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
giantpune said:
nikeymikey said:
i presume i can use a pc to delete them from an emulated nand?
yup. just delete the data folder for the game and its gone. likewise, you can install preloader, change versions of it, remove it, install channels, region change your nand, etc all with a pc

Excellent!!

I hope theres a solution for cIOS 222/3 & 249 not working too, but i guess ill have to wait and see what happens after sneeks released.

EDIT : I'm curious, Why do 222/3 &249 not work?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sk0ld said:

Does that mean cIOS199 mods??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer