Hacking SNEEK/UNEEK Nand install?

Interested in a SNEEK installer that installs SNEEK directly to the NAND?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means it would install sneek to the wiis nand flash so it loads from there instead of through bootmii off the SD card.

I would be very much intrested. I assume It would be done in such a way that if there is a problem loading that it would just boot the original NAND?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hells Guardian said:
It means it would install sneek to the wiis nand flash so it loads from there instead of through bootmii off the SD card.

I would be very much intrested. I assume It would be done in such a way that if there is a problem loading that it would just boot the original NAND?

I agree on this, kinda like a failsafe

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there was a way to boot to the real NAND, this would be good. It would be a way to get around someone having a broken SD slot. Doesn't really matter to me, but options are always nice.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I voted 'no'. I know no one is forcing me to use it, and it'll allow people who only have one device (SD card or USB drive) to use the other one...but still...what's the added value? I mean...sneek is good, and all...but if you install it, how are you going to uninstall it afterward?
Remember that sneek treats the SD card (or USB drive for uneek) as the nand itself, so there won't be an easy way to get to the REAL nand (assuming it CAN actually be accessed). And that's a bit a hard effort.

...the fact that my uneek setup decided to black screen on me upon booting just now may have played a part in my vote.
frown.gif

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think what he means is that the installer will install to whatever IOS the system menu is using and therefor always boot SNEEK/UNEEK directly even for people who can't change boot2.

More and more people owning Wiis with fixed boot1 and booting Boot0/1/2/IOS/Systemmenu/HBC/BootMii/SNEEK takes quite a while and must by annoying.
Boot0/1/2/SNEEK sounds much better
smile.gif

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I would love an autoload SNEEK, but as long as it will allow reverting to the original nand if the SD is not detected, otherwise it can leave people in a brick state. Lets wait for more details about his idea.

But quite frankly, this is already possible with having priiloader try to load bootmii IOS.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I had to vote no... I really don't see the added value here. Priiloader can already autoboot bootmii\sneek, and those with bootmii @ boot2 don't even need that! As far as I can tell, the only benefit to this would be to autoboot into uneek without an sd card... but I don't think that's a big deal either

If crediar decides to pursue this, then of course he's got my moral support. But because of how skilled he is I feel like his time could be better spent on something else.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
XFlak said:
If crediar decides to pursue this, then of course he's got my moral support. But because of how skilled he is I feel like his time could be better spent on something else.

Yes, but I wonder why there havent been much updates lately. Maybe it's just me but it seems that crediar has abandoned SNEEK a little bit. sorgelig did improve sneek a lot last year but none of the improvements have been imported into SNEEK. I know the source is not available but I believe crediar can do the same improvements entirely by himself.

Also noteworthy is the fact, that SNEEK has 5 committers, but only crediar did commit code in the past (except nano351 lately). Well I hope that SNEEK wont end like dios mios in the future, but at this time it doesnt look very shiny.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
voted yes.

caveat that there's a way implemented into S/UNEEK to boot into the real NAND on demand. and an uninstall option would be nice.

it could help compatibility. i get it working fine with nearly a hundred games installed, but neither of the other wiis i've tried (which can only have bootmii ios) have ever got any kind of SNEEK running.

and @WiiBricker, you don't follow the project much, i take it? crediar updates in spurts and has periods of inactivity, but he gets it done.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You know what I think sneek could add that would be more useful than this?

Something to replace priiloader on emulated nands! Priiloader doesn't play well with S/UNEEK and if we're redirecting nand access, why not redirect it some place more useful before loading the SM? Someone without bootmii @ boot2 would still need to have priiloader installed to autoboot bootmii @ IOS to launch s/uneek, but then sneek could just kick in right from there (w/ priiloader-like options before loading the emulated SM)!

Or... I don't even know if this is possible, but how about writing a forwarder dol that can be installed to priiloader (the one installed to real nand) that can launch s/uneek AND another app via u/uneek like joyflow, so when you exit joyflow, you're still in the emulated nand!

and maybe making system menu hacks an option in the sneek installer, but that's wishful thinking, lol

I know I'm asking for a lot, and I just want to say, these are a few things on my wish list, I'm not demanding crediar drop what he's doing and work on these things... it would be nice, but he's working on this out of the kindness of his heart in the first place, so who are we to make unreasonable demands. This is just constructive brainstorming that I hope he happens to read one day.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Crediar and the rest of the SNEEK team better invest in stability.
The amount of times I get a black screen booting/ exiting , Sneek/ game I cannot count on my two hands.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I voted no.. But if he plans to make an IOS for this I would like another option in Priiloader like launch Bootmii IOS to launch Uneek

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
See no point to crediar wasting his time with this. As said, it'll save a little bit of time, but nothing else will really be achieved. Black screen problems on return to menus need sorting but other than that I don't really have any problem with sneek as it is. Priiloader can do all whats needed.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is and there isn't...... the question is how does he plan on doing it that would be different from how it's done already?...... If not at all then there is absolutely no point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt