SNEEK/UNEEK and RB2 DLC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drmarvin, Apr 20, 2010.

Apr 20, 2010

SNEEK/UNEEK and RB2 DLC by drmarvin at 3:46 PM (3,411 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. drmarvin
    OP

Member drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I have finally had luck getting into the Music Store in RB2, and I can either have it say that I have purchased the legit songs I have purchased, or using the WAD's to install cracked DLC, They all can say purchased.

When using SNEEK or UNEEK, both seem to have problems when trying to download. UNEEK just freezes (SD card removed so it should save to the *NAND*), and SNEEK quits back to the main RB2 menu. Since I think this would be much like what RAWKSD 3.0 will be, I'm pretty excited at the prospect.

As another avenue, I have the PC transfer method DLC, but I would have no idea where to put the files on the virtual NAND. I have downloaded a song to my NAND, and done a BootMii dump, but I haven't had a chance to try to figure out where the DLC goes.

Any ideas on why things crash when I try to download? Any ideas if I can use the PC transfer files and the cracked WADs to get DLC from the USB *NAND*?

Thanks

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States

3. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    Do I just put the files in 00010005\content?

Is that supposed to be in data or title?

Thanks

4. Lee Zappetta

Newcomer Lee Zappetta Member

United States
    Depending on the DLC generation, you place your .app files in...

(sZAE) title\ 00010005\735a4145\content\
    (sZBE) title\ 00010005\735a4245\content\
    (sZCE) title\ 00010005\735a4345\content\
    (sZDE) title\ 00010005\735a4445\content\

You also need to put the corresponding tickets for each generation in...

ticket\ 00010005\

Just to give you a heads up, USB instruments don't currently work using Uneek.

Lee

5. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    Are the songs stored a different way on the SD card than the NAND? When I look in those directories, there are .app files as you said, but when I have backed up my DLC with RB2 DLC Manager, they are .bin files. Can you convert them? What can I do with these freakin' files?

Thanks

6. Lee Zappetta

United States
  7. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm using legit DLC songs in a legit NAND (no cIOSes or anything installed) from the legit disc, and it's working with UNEEK.

However, I don't have the USB microphone working. Is there anyone else who has the RB2 DLC working who can confirm if the microphone works using whichever method?

8. Lee Zappetta

United States
    To quote myself "USB instruments don't currently work using Uneek."

I'm using a clean 4.2U Sneek nand and a retail Rock Band 2 disc and USB instruments aren't recognized using Uneek. Uneek hogs both USB ports, so anything plugged into them isn't recognized. I wonder if Guitar Hero's Wiimote driven instruments would work, but I can't confirm this because I don't have any.

Lee

9. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Where do I find the tickets? I have the .app files already.

10. Lee Zappetta

United States
    To get the tickets...

1. Download one DLC per generation onto your actual nand (Here's a list: http://rawksd.japaneatahand.com/wiki/Master_DLC_List )
    2. Dump your nand using Boomii ( http://bootmii.org/download )
    3. Extract your dumped nand using ShowMiiWADs ( http://code.google.com/p/showmiiwads/downloads/list )

The tickets will be in the same folder...

ticket\ 00010005\

the tickets are...

735a4145.tik
    735a4245.tik
    735a4345.tik
    735a4445.tik

Copy them to your Sneek nand and you're all set.

Lee

11. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States

Thanks Lee, it works. I was trying to avoid installing to the real NAND but after so much trial and error, this is the only way I have been successful.

I shortened the process by downloading 1 song from each GEN and then proceeding with a full dump with FS Simple Dumper. I then set that SD card up for SNEEK and added the .APP files to their appropriate location. I couldn't get it work before because I didn't have the tickets which the only way to get it with your method,.

Thanks again for your steps and useful information.

12. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    ahhhh if only this was as simple for me....

i downloaded a gen 2 song from music store. i dumped that nand. i copied tickets and the titles (exactly as they were) to my sneek nand. rb2 tells me error indexing files, please redownload the content again. but unfortunately the sneek im using does not download songs from the music store. everything else is online but THAT one function. jesus i just want to make more space on my wii, i hate only having 512mb on nand. i want to have 16 gbs!!

i've also tried with .app files that i made, but with no success. i don't want to corp my system to run the game from the disc channel. what else can i do?

13. meraner

Newcomer meraner Newbie

United States
    Hopefully someone is still reading this.
    I got a similar problem, when using the UNEEK (r125) nand (FW4.3), I cannot re-download the songs. When moving the app files + ticket + tmd (extracted real nand) to the UNEEK nand, then it says something is wrong and I must redownload.
    I did not patch any IOS. Someone got an idea on what to try or what am I missing? Thx

14. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    hey guys i can downloads music from store but only already downloaded stuff not new

as for using a disc loader in sneek get cios rev 7 it works in sneek i am playing rb3 with it and all my dlc shows up from rb2