Hacking Sneek Hacks

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need priiloader added to uneek, an just after it loads, after switching. you need to hold reset.. but make sure your fast.. just after the wii mote looses sync, - right before it re syncs.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can add using modmii when building a nand. i don't know how to add it. after you make nand.. not yet atleast, i know you can..

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
shortz1994 said:
you can add using modmii when building a nand. i don't know how to add it. after you make nand.. not yet atleast, i know you can..

here's some instructions I wrote on adding it manually before I made it an option in ModMii

cheers

XFlak said:
QUOTE(kylster @ Mar 24 2011, 07:38 AM)
Got some questions about priiloader and emulated nand.

1)What would be the benefit of having priiloader installed to it?

2)How do you install it? Would it be as simple as installing it from the hbc w/in the emulated nand?

3)I read that priiloader could cause problems with emulated nand, what problems would be produced?

Thanks in advance for your prompt response and thanks again for anyone who offered helpful advice not only to me but others as well.
1)
System menu hacks on emulated nand (there are other ways of doing this, like compiling s/uneek w/ hacks embedded).
Being able to autoboot to an app or installed file (ie. joyflow).
Being able to use other priiloader settings like ignore standby etc.

2)
You can manually install priiloader to an emulated nand (4.2U for example) by:
A) renaming /title/00000001/00000002/content/00000088.app to /title/00000001/00000002/content/10000088.app
B) then copying priiloader from a nand dump with priiloader installed ie. 3.2E nand (/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000046.app) to the 4.2U emu nand (/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000088.app)

Note:
/title/00000001/00000002/content/000000XX.app is different for each firmware, here's a list I just whipped up (essentially the same as the mymenuify theme .app list +1)
25spi05.jpg

Also, you can copy a universal hacks.ini file directly to the emu nand here:
/title/00000001/00000002/data/hacks.ini

Alternatively, u can try installing priiloader using its official installer on the emu nand, but it may take a few tries and is generally a pain in the ass doing it this way.

3)
AFAIK, the only problems with priiloader on emulated nands is adjusting emu nand priiloader settings. Make 1 change at a time, save then exit. And u can always remove priiloader from an emulated nand by reversing the steps I listed in #2 above. It is possible your emu nand could become corrupted and u've have to build a new one (or revert to a backup)... but I think the risk of that happening is pretty small.

edit:
here's a couple useful links
http://nusad.googlecode.com/files/Priiloader-v0.4.app
http://nusad.googlecode.com/files/PriiloaderHacks.zip

u can use "Priiloader-v0.4.app" from the above link instead of "copying priiloader from a nand dump with priiloader installed ie. 3.2E nand (/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000046.app)"

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
shortz1994 said:

here's some instructions I wrote on adding it manually before I made it an option in ModMii

cheers

XFlak said:

2)How do you install it? Would it be as simple as installing it from the hbc w/in the emulated nand?

3)I read that priiloader could cause problems with emulated nand, what problems would be produced?

Thanks in advance for your prompt response and thanks again for anyone who offered helpful advice not only to me but others as well.
1)
System menu hacks on emulated nand (there are other ways of doing this, like compiling s/uneek w/ hacks embedded).

2)
A) renaming /title/00000001/00000002/content/00000088.app to /title/00000001/00000002/content/10000088.app
B) then copying priiloader from a nand dump with priiloader installed ie. 3.2E nand (/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000046.app) to the 4.2U emu nand (/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000088.app)

Note:
/title/00000001/00000002/content/000000XX.app is different for each firmware, here's a list I just whipped up (essentially the same as the mymenuify theme .app list +1)
25spi05.jpg

Alternatively, u can try installing priiloader using its official installer on the emu nand, but it may take a few tries and is generally a pain in the ass doing it this way.

3)
AFAIK, the only problems with priiloader on emulated nands is adjusting emu nand priiloader settings. Make 1 change at a time, save then exit. And u can always remove priiloader from an emulated nand by reversing the steps I listed in #2 above. It is possible your emu nand could become corrupted and u've have to build a new one (or revert to a backup)... but I think the risk of that happening is pretty small.

edit:

u can use "Priiloader-v0.4.app" from the above link instead of "copying priiloader from a nand dump with priiloader installed ie. 3.2E nand (/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000046.app)"
both links give me an error 403

Also would marking my fat32 partion active make it run faster in uneek? Ocarina of time seems to be sluggish? Also my other partiontion thats ntfs would be marked as unactive, would that affect gaminf performange in usb laoder gx?

BTW have a guide to install homebrew channe?l cant seem to make homebrew filter work.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well depending on how you have it set up, are you getting the crash when reading homebrew channel on the "nand".. you need to open homebrew filter "like homebrew" an add an app folder, then you can add apps to use in uneek. i know wiimc, yawmm, mmm work along with other apps work.
filter reads your homebrew apps, but cause they use different ios (some).. it has a problem launching them..( at least for me.).. so this is my work around.( might be the way to do it.anyway.)

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shortz1994 said:
well depending on how you have it set up, are you getting the crash when reading homebrew channel on the "nand".. you need to open homebrew filter "like homebrew" an add an app folder, then you can add apps to use in uneek. i know wiimc, yawmm, mmm work along with other apps work.
filter reads your homebrew apps, but cause they use different ios (some).. it has a problem launching them..( at least for me.).. so this is my work around.( might be the way to do it.anyway.)
thats exactly the problem i try to us eprelaoder with ios 36 but that just made a black screen.

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
shortz1994 said:

cheers

XFlak said:

1)

2)

Note:
25spi05.jpg

3)

edit:

OMG THANKS i got priilaoder to work by using blue dumper mod to get thew files.

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Also anyway to use preloader hacks on sneek, I got preloader tow rok on uneek BUT cant change my hacks becuase when i hold reset and change the hacks and go back to system menu. It goes back to the REAL nand not the emulated one.

Ratmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use startpatch and enable hacks from there. The hacks are similiar to what you are getting from priiloader but you can run the app from an emunand without any issues.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Priiloader should remember the settings you changed. Upon the next run of uneek, it should use the hacks you selected.

If you rename the font.bin file in the sneek folder, than the priiloader setup screen doesn't freeze anymore after 10 seconds.

priiloader still has an issue if you select return to systemmenu. The video doesn't come up anymore. A simple push on the reset button of your wii solves this issue.
If you rename the sneek font.bin, then the neek overlay menu won't work anymore. You can enable it again after you have the prilloader settings right.

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have a step by step way of installing homebrew channel on sneek? I tried instaiing a wad I got by using any title manager but when I launched the channel on sneek it justs howed the If you payed for it you got scammed screened and just freezes without ever showing the press1 button.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
kirbymaster101 said:
Does anyone have a step by step way of installing homebrew channel on sneek? I tried instaiing a wad I got by using any title manager but when I launched the channel on sneek it justs howed the If you payed for it you got scammed screened and just freezes without ever showing the press1 button.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218725

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a