Snakebyte announce MULTI:PLAYCON controller for Switch

Snakebyte announced today the shipping of the MULTI:PLAYCON controllers for use with Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite consoles, a new way to enjoy multi-player gaming on Switch designed for sustained gaming sessions. An ideal alternative to the standard Joy-Con controllers, the MULTI:PLAYCON is available as a set with two pieces, coming in eye-catching colours of blue/orange or black/grey for 34.99€. The MULTI:PLAYCON is shipping now from leading game retail stores, and also available via the new online shop: mysnakebyte.com.

The Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite are notorious for endless local multi-player experiences, games made all the better when more players are participating. The new MULTI:PLAYCON controllers have been designed with localised multi-play in mind and have been specially developed for multiplayer games. Notably larger in size for a more comfortable gaming experience, the MULTI:PLAYCON is built to last and produces less fatigue when taking part in marathon sessions of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Up to 16 MULTI:PLAYCON controllers can be simultaneously connected to a single Nintendo Switch at any time. Analog sticks and micromotor vibration provide accurate control for even the trickiest of games, always ensuring the player is in full control. With a range of up to 7m, effortless syncing and a rock-solid connection, the new snakebyte MULTI:PLAYCON controllers are a must for games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Overcooked 2 and many more. In addition, the MULTI:PLAYCON controllers are perfect for the growing library of retro games, recently available to subscribers of Switch Online.

If a game requires two Joy-Con controllers for one player gaming, the MULTI:PLAYCON will not serve as an accurate replacement.

:arrow:Snakebye Official Site

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was this interpreting "MULTIP:PLAYCON" as "MULTI:PLAYCON" intentional?
That is a whole lot of "tongue" smilies.

smilies.png

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The orange one is beautiful. Too bad I do not own money to further expenditures.
I spent a bit in some Wii stuff.

Reactions: ChibiMofo

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're micro-USB, not USB-C and there's no mention of motion controls, so I'm guessing they don't have gyro. No gyro means that there's a lot of games they won't work with right off the bat. I say these are dead in the water.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well frick you.

I can see those controllers staring into my soul... and laughing.

Just imagine it laughing like this:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They're micro-USB, not USB-C and there's no mention of motion controls, so I'm guessing they don't have gyro. No gyro means that there's a lot of games they won't work with right off the bat. I say these are dead in the water.

Honestly, the only thing going for these controllers is that damn face. Lack of dual analog means most games ain't going to work unless we're talking fighting games/older platformers that don't need the right stick. Even those $25 Switch Lite 8bitcoin controllers have functionality for those sticks, L3/R3 buttons notwithstanding.

Reactions: JuanMena

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: does WiiVC injector script work on aroma wiiu?