Homebrew Smilehax - New Homebrew Entrypoint

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
EDIT: Apologies, This is actually a new Entrypoint, It's technically the same but its a re-done version supporting JP SmileBASIC and with no Patches or something like that. Either way its a new Entrypoint/Re-Release.

Last edited by PRAGMA,
Reactions: DiegitusXD

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Smilehax and BasicSploit are two different hacks by different devs... It's explained in the FAQ on plutoo's page. From the looks of it, this supports 3.3.1 (vs 3.2.1 for BasicSploit) and this supports JPN 3ds (which BasicSploit doesn't)

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
We will never get a exploitable SmileBASIC version in Europe, let's hope for another primary entrypoint! Maybe Browserhax?

Posted with my LG G5 using Tapatalk
It'd be hilarious if BroswerHax ever got compatible with =>11 fw considering how fucking much they've done to block it. Even going as far as to break certain functions of the browser, like people not being able to use public WiFi spots etc

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be hilarious if BroswerHax ever got compatible with =>11 fw considering how fucking much they've done to block it. Even going as far as to break certain functions of the browser, like people not being able to use public WiFi spots etc
Really? Like what? This is new to me.

einhuman197

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes that's a big problem with blocking shit. I couldn't do download play with My friend because stupid 10.6 released and he had no access to Internet. Updating your 3ds to do download play is useless!!

I think 11.0 Browserhax will come soon.

Sent with my LG G5 using Tapatalk

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it wise to write a sequel to an almost 4 year old exploit?
Is it wise to update a very old thread with new information pertaining to the topic? (rhetorical question)
I'll let you all be the judge of that :P

https://github.com/zoogie/smilehax-IIe
Will this work while Luma3DS is loaded? Anyway: Will try later.

Hopefully they don't pull Smilebasic from the eShop again because of "abuse the Nintendo 3DS system" like they called it previously. [Changelog] (Yes, I do know they don't care about the 3DS anymore – just wanted to mention the term "abuse")

Good work – like always.

Thank your for making the 3DS better!

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Will this work while Luma3DS is loaded? Anyway: Will try later.

Hopefully they don't pull Smilebasic from the eShop again because of "abuse the Nintendo 3DS system" like they called it previously. [Changelog] (Yes, I do know they don't care about the 3DS anymore – just wanted to mention the term "abuse")

Good work – like always.

Thank your for making the 3DS better!
I would certainly hope they don't pull it, especially given the existence of other sploits that are free - there would be no benefit overall in the 3ds's security picture. There are also several exploitable nintendo published games that haven't been pulled, so it would just be weird to see this one go so late in the 3ds's life. It's practically an EOL sploit at this point.

As far as luma, it chainloads otherapp like a lot of other userland exploits so it will likely just crash.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would certainly hope they don't pull it, especially given the existence of other sploits that are free - there would be no benefit overall in the 3ds's security picture. There are also several exploitable nintendo published games that haven't been pulled, so it would just be weird to see this one go so late in the 3ds's life. It's practically an EOL sploit at this point.

As far as luma, it chainloads otherapp like a lot of other userland exploits so it will likely just crash.
Took a while. No NNID on my O2DS → no downloading the modem program.
Felt like typing a Commodore 64 listing from a magazine and searching for typos afterwards.

Confirmed: ARM11 crash while Luma3DS is loaded. But it worked for me like expected on 11.13.0.45-E without Luma.

Sadly most people won't find it interesting because Smilebasic is pretty expensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1