Hacking SMG2 problem

Rockolate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have a 2007 Wii that I softmodded myself in order to run backup disks. That was a while ago, and everything worked out fine, I could play every backup I inserted, I even downgraded it to 3.2U back when 4.2 was dangerous.

I recently got Super Mario Galaxy 2 and haven't been able to run it on my Wii. I've tried everything, I've followed many guides (including THE guide, but no matter what NeoGamma can't run Galaxy 2.

Can you help me sort this out? I don't know what else to do, I've downloaded countless files, "packs", wads, and nothing seems to make it able to run the game.

Please bear with me. I'm not stupid or anything, yet I only have basic knowledge on this matter. (I'll follow your instructions to the letter, don't worry)

Rockolate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I got DVD err(1178), Disc ID

I'm using NeoGamma R9 beta26, IOS249 (Rev 17)

I'm sure this isn't a drive problem, because I am able to play other backups... any other suggestions?

PS: Thanks for the quick assistance

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Using DVD-R, not DVD+R? Try reburning ISO?

Is game from a reliable source (don't mention sites)? Maybe obtain somewhere else?

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Have you tried to use disc channel to read it directly ? same error ?

It could be your Disc problem !!

Rockolate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ToneEQ said:

Is game from a reliable source (don't mention sites)? Maybe obtain somewhere else?
DVD+R
Don't know how reliable the source is, but it was a torrent with a lot of seeds (and positive comments) from a well known site.

It was a scrubbed version (1.3GB .rar file), do you think that might have something to do with it?

According to the DarkCorp guide I read, in theory I could run it from the disc channel, but the answer is no. It doesn't work neither in the disc channel or in NeoGamma.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rockolate said:
ToneEQ said:

DVD+R
Don't know how reliable the source is, but it was a torrent with a lot of seeds (and positive comments) from a well known site.

It was a scrubbed version (1.3GB .rar file), do you think that might have something to do with it?

According to the DarkCorp guide I read, in theory I could run it from the disc channel, but the answer is no. It doesn't work neither in the disc channel or in NeoGamma.
What was the filename?

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rockolate said:
ToneEQ said:

DVD+R

Did you change the booktype to DVD-ROM?

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dude its a real fucking answer set the damn booktype to dvd-rom, how many more ppl need to tell you
so tired of noobs who cant even listen to get their problems solved. theres no magic button to push, just set the booktype to dvd-rom, use the link i posted to google it and read the first link

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
As answered above, set booktype to DVD-ROM when using DVD+R, or use DVD-R like everyone else.

If it still doesn't work, obtain another version. I always get the original untouched ISO rather than a scrubbed version.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rockolate said:
lolorlofl said:
Did you change the booktype to DVD-ROM?
How/where do I do that?
Try this

Linking to google and saying "click that link" has no effect because everyone gets different results
rolleyes.gif

Rockolate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ToneEQ said:
If it still doesn't work, obtain another version. I always get the original untouched ISO rather than a scrubbed version.
Thank you, I'll try the booktype solution and if it doesn't work, I'll get the full version.

tj_cool said:
Rockolate said:
QUOTE(lolorlofl @ Jul 2 2010, 03:07 AM) Did you change the booktype to DVD-ROM?
How/where do I do that?
Try this

Linking to google and saying "click that link" has no effect because everyone gets different results
rolleyes.gif
Thanks tj_cool, that was a quality reply
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk