SMG2 and old wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bpz, May 24, 2010.

1. bpz
    OP

bpz Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2010
    Canada
    So, I just bought a legit copy of SMG2.
    My wii is modded with a wiikey, but I havent used it since smash bros brawl came out. I believe it has 1.9g (sound right?) and I have no clue what firmware the wii itself has. I cant get into the wii settings (comes up as an opera error(?)) to find out. I do know that it does NOT have the SD card icon, so it's very old.
    What can I do to get this game up and running? Is it good to run as is? I dont care if it disables the mod, as long as it doesnt brick the wii.

2. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    I've had to post a dozen times today that SMG2 has no piracy protection.

3. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    As first if you can´t get into the settings because you already have a semi-brick however you can fix this if you use one of Waninkoko´s sys menu updaters (or similar) or Dop-Mii (install as first IOS60 and then the SysMenu 4.1) others as that you need to install IOS56 to play SMG2

4. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    By one of his updaters he means the 4.2 updater. Remember, the Waninkoko 4.0 and 4.2 updaters WILL brick.

5. bpz
    OP

bpz Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks, I just wanted to be safe. It's not my wii and the firmware was really old, so I didnt want it to brick.

6. bpz
    OP

bpz Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2010
    Canada
    It's working fine, I just went ahead and installed it. the wii settings work again too. I dont know if backups work, but I really dont care at this point. As long as I can read legit games I'm happy.