SMG2 and old wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bpz, May 24, 2010.

May 24, 2010

SMG2 and old wiikey by bpz at 2:00 AM (1,702 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. bpz
    OP

Newcomer bpz Newbie

Canada
    So, I just bought a legit copy of SMG2.
    My wii is modded with a wiikey, but I havent used it since smash bros brawl came out. I believe it has 1.9g (sound right?) and I have no clue what firmware the wii itself has. I cant get into the wii settings (comes up as an opera error(?)) to find out. I do know that it does NOT have the SD card icon, so it's very old.
    What can I do to get this game up and running? Is it good to run as is? I dont care if it disables the mod, as long as it doesnt brick the wii.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    I've had to post a dozen times today that SMG2 has no piracy protection.

3. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    As first if you can´t get into the settings because you already have a semi-brick however you can fix this if you use one of Waninkoko´s sys menu updaters (or similar) or Dop-Mii (install as first IOS60 and then the SysMenu 4.1) others as that you need to install IOS56 to play SMG2

4. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    By one of his updaters he means the 4.2 updater. Remember, the Waninkoko 4.0 and 4.2 updaters WILL brick.

5. bpz
    OP

Newcomer bpz Newbie

Canada
    Thanks, I just wanted to be safe. It's not my wii and the firmware was really old, so I didnt want it to brick.

6. bpz
    OP

Newcomer bpz Newbie

Canada
    It's working fine, I just went ahead and installed it. the wii settings work again too. I dont know if backups work, but I really dont care at this point. As long as I can read legit games I'm happy.