Smeggering Customers!

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I fucking hate them.

Some, anyway.

STORIES!

1. A man and woman come into my store. Naturally, I greet them (not even bringing up the sale - I said hi). The man then whispers (loudly) to his wife, "just ignore him". How incredibly rude is that? I understand customers who refuse help (despite actually needing it...), but to blatantly and purposefully ignore me in such a fashion. Regardless, 10 minutes later, they came to the counter asking for help.

2. More customers than I've ever had in the store at one time (five xD), and this old woman makes six. She gets angry at me for helping another customer when she walked into the store, and I apologize and help her, my previous customer signaling that it was OK (nice guys - regulars). After I help her, she has this basket FULL of products by the time she gets ready to check out.

I then find out that I've had this customer before. She gives me her discount card to scan, which, despite having a sticker that says it expires in April 2011, had expired in July 2010. I politely explain that it is expired and that I can renew it, and she freaks out, claims that this store "always gives her problems" (if the others don't, why don't you go where you renewed it? [she had previously explained she bought it in another city]) - all of the products in her cart were GNC-brand - in all stores without exception). Anyway, she leaves, leaving an entire cart of product for me to put away instead of doing my required paperwork.

I had to stay late to finish it.

Also: I hate customers who aim their purchases at the MOMENT the store closes - the people servicing you don't get paid.

Also: Don't try and haggle. The products don't belong to the associates. It belongs to the company. We can't give you a lower price. I promise, we can't.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
sounds like retail is the same no matter what you're selling
tongue.gif

(i sell electronics)

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I work in the back store at Winners, and my girlfriend works at the cash. She tends to get customers that buy ridiculously expensive purses (Prada, Gucci, etc.) but they stuff other little things inside of it. (Like candy bars, small change purses, etc.) And when my girlfriend discovers it, the customer goes 'Wait, those don't come with the purses? Nevermind, i don't want it.'

Yeah. When you discover a Hello Kitty pouch and a Toblerone Fruit&Nut bar don't come with a Prada purse, that's a MAJOR turn-off. Idiot.

Anyway dude, sorry you have to deal with such ridiculous people.
frown.gif

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
sounds like retail is the same no matter what you're selling
tongue.gif

Sadly so, from what I hear
frown.gif

QUOTE(sonknuck23 @ Dec 4 2010, 09:20 AM) I work in the back store at Winners, and my girlfriend works at the cash. She tends to get customers that buy ridiculously expensive purses (Prada, Gucci, etc.) but they stuff other little things inside of it. (Like candy bars, small change purses, etc.) And when my girlfriend discovers it, the customer goes 'Wait, those don't come with the purses? Nevermind, i don't want it.'

Thieves suck.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At a certain point, you should be allowed to freak out at a customer. Not just verbally, but physically as well.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
At a certain point, you should be allowed to freak out at a customer. Not just verbally, but physically as well.
Ah a boss of mine did that(now just a co-worker). to be fair he started it with his racist comments that got the customers all pissed off. He almost died that night. trying to take on three very large guys who actually talk about beating people up like its nothing is never a good idea.
SO he comments they pull out their GUNS then tell him its a good thing the cashier warned us we are on camera we'll see you outside.
The idiot actually has the balls to to say "yah I can take you all on fucking [censored]s" The one that seemed to be in charge looks at me and says I know you warned us but is really like this all the time? I say yes while slowly backing away from 3 guns that all went click in that way that says imminent danger.
"Guys I gotta better idea..."
He wanted me and the security guard who just pissed himself to be witnesses to the guy being racist.
unbelievably he wasn't fired just taken off the night shift. Even more weird not shot.

I have always found it easier to imagine the annoying customer pissing me off having really ridiculous things being done to them then to actually mouth off to them. SO much nicer having my own private revenge in my own head. then to risk injury from possible lunatics.

@ monkat my store has customer service associates whose job it is to put away/do any stuff that I don't get to before I leave. (they can complain but that is all - I WILL NEVER BE PENEALIZED FOR not staying past the time I am supposed to leave and leaving stuff undone) labour laws prevent that kind of silliness ya know (north american laws at least)

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
labour laws prevent that kind of silliness ya know (north american laws at least)

Laws aren't all-powerful, y'know
tongue.gif
!

I sue them, I get fired. I may have a deposit, but no one will hire me after that point. I sued an employer on possibly unjust causes that could be bad for business.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mines are all the dragon ball animes. Im also enjoying Fullmetal alchemist and my hero academia