Homebrew Smealum hints at Ninjhax update?

Daniel41550

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[source]

Smealum posted on Twitter "wouldn't it be cool if you only needed cubic ninja the first time you install ninjhax ? if you think so, stay tuned ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)", maybe hinting that an update is in the works for the Homebrew Launcher. It would be pretty cool if we could install the launcher onto the Home Menu, hopefully this could be possible in the future. Thoughts?
Would be cool, but I don't think that would work.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Would be cool, but I don't think that would work.
You're right. That'd have to be a CIA, @smealum doesn't like piracy CIA = Piracy... nah, he's gonna inject it into another program, like H&S or something.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OOH. THIS COULD BE ACTIVITY LOG STUFF LIKE HE DID EARLY IN THE SCENE.

Reactions: thaikhoa

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I just saw someone over on reddit say that this could mean there's a kernel exploit. Is that true?
There has always been a kernel exploit but they tried to block it to only a user exploit but others found it.

There are so many incompatibilities with ninjhax 2.0 so I wont install the homebrew menu. It would be great if it was based off ninjhax 1.1 as that way everything would work but I bet he'll base it on ninjhax 2.0 where lots of things are missing and blocked again.

Its stupid when idiot devs say they are against piracy but find and release exploits. These exploits are the doorway to piracy. If they were against piracy they would tell nintendo about the exploit and block it not make a homebrew launcher. Now papspear, shut up about piracy and release ninjhax in its entirely or shut up about piracy and go away.

Reactions: Kelton2

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be a pain rather it be H&S or Notifications hell maybe its the Mii entrypoint that went poof.
Oh, I forgot about the Mii one. :P

There has always been a kernel exploit but they tried to block it to only a user exploit but others found it.

There are so many incompatibilities with ninjhax 2.0 so I wont install the homebrew menu. It would be great if it was based off ninjhax 1.1 as that way everything would work but I bet he'll base it on ninjhax 2.0 where lots of things are missing and blocked again.

Its stupid when idiot devs say they are against piracy but find and release exploits. These exploits are the doorway to piracy. If they were against piracy they would tell nintendo about the exploit and block it not make a homebrew launcher. Now papspear, shut up about piracy and release ninjhax in its entirely or shut up about piracy and go away.
Ninjhax 2.0 has actually more than Ninjhax did. (Some stuff did get removed, but that was only stuff that called services for installation and stuff. Plus it did get faster in 2.0) and Smealum said he doesn't care about piracy, he just doesn't want to be a part of it. The only reason Ninjhax lead to piracy was because you could happen to run kernel exploits through it (Which didn't happen until Gateway or other Devs looked through it) so basically no need to bash people for it.

Reactions: Zidapi

Daniel41550

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I forgot about the Mii one. :P

Ninjhax 2.0 has actually more than Ninjhax did. (Some stuff did get removed, but that was only stuff that called services for installation and stuff. Plus it did get faster in 2.0) and Smealum said he doesn't care about piracy, he just doesn't want to be a part of it. The only reason Ninjhax lead to piracy was because you could happen to run kernel exploits through it (Which didn't happen until Gateway or other Devs looked through it) so basically no need to bash people for it.
What was added?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That would be a pain rather it be H&S or Notifications hell maybe its the Mii entrypoint that went poof.

The other applets are plausible (I believe there's a known flaw in Notifications applet, but 3DBrew wasn't specific on how exploitable it was). But definitely not the H&S app. I doubt it has a flaw that can be exploited and you can't inject a different custom app over it since it would break the sigs and you can't boot it anymore without CFW. (thus in this instance it would be useless to use as Ninjhax entry point)

The Mii entry point was just a rumor from people looking too hard at the initial Gateway announcement video showing the 9.x support. A user who I forget the name of tried to make a tutorial before the first release of Gateway Ultra and it was based on the incorrect assumption of the Mii entry point. I don't think the Mii exploit ever existed. I don't see it listed at all at 3DBrew. I don't think it's exploitable was just a myth that kept being carried on by users who didn't know any better.

Exploits through corrupted Miis might have worked on the Wii perhaps. (though letterbomb is the go to exploit for that now a days). But it never was a thing on the 3DS.

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah got it, ugh I just want to be able to install shovel knight on my Japanese 9.9 FW new non-XL 3DS. I appreciate all of Smea's homebrew but cia installation is all I want from ninjhax 2.0 at this point.

Daniel41550

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah got it, ugh I just want to be able to install shovel knight on my Japanese 9.9 FW new non-XL 3DS. I appreciate all of Smea's homebrew but cia installation is all I want from ninjhax 2.0 at this point.
Sorry, probably not happening any time soon, only thing you can do it buy a SKY3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: