Hacking SMEALUM HAS REGION FREE WORKING, FIRMWARE 9.0-9.4 OG

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMEALUM HAS REGION FREE WORKING, FIRMWARE 9.0-9.4 OG AND maybe New. Browser exploit, no extra hardware or games needed

I saw this posted on Neogaf...

Is this true?

Its not for the new one apparently.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah he said that on twitter

smea@smealum 60m60 minutes ago
i was planning on writing this code this weekend but last night my #caltrain got stuck on the tracks for an hour so i did it then instead
0 replies 1 retweet 3 favorites

smea@smealum 1h1 hour ago
    1. oh and best part is, my JPN copy of smash bros runs all in english. wonder how many other jpn games will do that.
      0 replies 11 retweets 13 favorites
smea@smealum 1h1 hour ago
    1. alright, so turns out my idea worked ! 9.4 region free incoming. (old 3ds only unfortunately)

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish it would work on the new 3ds.. My daughter wont have to lose her saves from Tomodachi Life. Importing the Aussie one.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, this will lead to Ninjhax 2.0? Or maybe Chumhax? Because that's the latest exploit foaund in the 3DS that isn't fixed in teh latest firmware, so makes sense.

BTW dat exploit has kernel access, but smea will use another stage to allow userland mode only obviously.

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont feel embarrassed to say I dont have a clue what any of this means on the write up or even how to attempt to do it. I just want to give massive props to him.....and hopefully we all win

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
So this is just region free, no backups? When the new FW blocks the hack you can no longer play your imports if you want to play the new games :/

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if any part of the existing Ninjhax features would be working in this 9.4 exploit or if it's solely for region free.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it is some sort of kernel exploit locked down to just region free, and if the lock can be broken....

Er, no. smea said it would be entirely open this time around, so nothing to break. My guess is that he uses the ROP chain and his other hacks to patch some part of memory to remove the regional restriction.

Wait, mid-write release:
https://github.com/smealum/regionthree/

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
At this time and how the advancements and circumstances are, I'm wouldn't be surprised and 100% sure that Gateway already will make use of the latest exploit, allowing to execute code in 9.4.

Maybe that was the reason of the whole "wait", but because of the begging, they decided to release only the 9.2 beta.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong