Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to get involved in this piracy argument but a lot of people around here sound like hacking something is a crime.
I seriously respect their ideas and thoughts but wasn't this hacking&homebrew section already?
The people that don't want the system to be hacked still haven't realized what forum they're on.

The people who are saying "they're not going to release it because there could be legal trouble" remember very well just how many straws Sony grasped at to get a case against Geohot.

IIRC, it's that Geohot released the encryption keys and then said something like "I'll be waiting for that job offer" as a way to mock Sony, but Sony took that to court as evidence that Geohot was trying to "profit" (in the form of getting a job) from the hack.

Which is really fucking stupid, but apparently it took with the courts because he had to settle.

And since then nobody else wants to be in that position because... wow. That shit actually worked.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he didn't, that was one of the many unfounded rumors.

It's a legal settlement. You might want to try reading up on this thing called "the legal system" that, despite what you may believe, is a real thing that exists and holds serious weight in modern society.

ok not gentlemen agreement,but same difference ,he signed agreement not to hack sony products,it was only a CIVIL suit ,not even criminal case

and he did get donations ,and did party south of the border

true the rumors were never confirmed one way or the other ,but that is sort of irrelevant ,he used $ to go on vacation,dont really matter which $ it was,its all relative

point is sony lost big time ,they thought they were such smartasses and would try to make an example of poor little georgie

by filing a civil suit against him,but in the end they just end up looking like the stupid asshats ,bullies,thugs that they are,(the kind of people who put rootkits on their cds)

they didnt win the case and geohot free publicity,many lucrative job offers,and a high paid job,hardly the deterrent hoped for by $ony

it totally backfired on them

Reactions: reaper527

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
and he did get donations ,and did party south of the border
And I have both responded to your post AND masturbated today.

So that means I masturbated to your post, right?

true the rumors were never confirmed one way or the other ,but that is sort of irrelevant
Um... no, if somebody makes a rumor with no source or evidence and no source or evidence is ever found, then that fact (there being no source or evidence) is highly relevant to whether the rumor can be taken seriously or not (especially after so much time has passed).

,he used $ to go on vacation,dont really matter which $ it was,its all relative
And I used $5 today to buy The Humble Bundle 9.

But "It's all relative", which means I used his donation money, right?

You might want to take a debate class and learn some goddamned logic.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I have both responded to your post AND masturbated today.

So that means I masturbated to your post, right?

Um... no, if somebody makes a rumor with no source or evidence and no source or evidence is ever found, then that fact (there being no source or evidence) is highly relevant to whether the rumor can be taken seriously or not (especially after so much time has passed).

And I used $5 today to buy The Humble Bundle 9.

But "It's all relative", which means I used his donation money, right?

You might want to take a debate class and learn some goddamned logic.

"And I used $5 today to buy The Humble Bundle 9.

But "It's all relative", which means I used his donation money, right?"

no because you have $5 ,his donation money is not yours

but money he spent on vacation was his money,and any money he got in donations also became his money,so yes it is relative

the scenario you tried to compare it to is totally different

btw ,im totally flattered you m-bated to my posts :yay:

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they didnt win the case and geohot free publicity,many lucrative job offers,and a high paid job,hardly the deterrent hoped for by $ony

it totally backfired on them

and that doesn't even touch on all the negative pr they got and the hackers that raped sony servers for about a month.

Reactions: weatMod

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
waiting for a real hacker to release it !

That's downright insulting to say the least, not a whole lot of coders achieved what smealum did and you're implying he's "not a real hacker" just because he doesn't wish to share his findings. It's attitudes like this that are one of the reasons why loads of coders put their hard work into their drawers rather than showcase it - avoiding Internet drama. You shouldn't downplay people who are a thousand times smarter and more skilled in the field discussed than you are.

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's downright insulting to say the least, not a whole lot of coders achieved what smealum did and you're implying he's "not a real hacker" just because he doesn't wish to share his findings. It's attitudes like this that are one of the reasons why loads of coders put their hard work into their drawers rather than showcase it - avoiding Internet drama. You shouldn't downplay people who are a thousand times smarter and more skilled in the field discussed than you are.

he is not sharing shit, this has been posted several times before and infact the first time this was posted was last year around november and december iirc

all he is doing is showing some text on a screen that is for the most part publicly known, if he was a true hacker and not some kanger, he would have created something else to show and not the same image that has been shown by a handful of people...

it is one thing to actually code something, its a whole other thing to kang someone elses work and claim it as your own, its like rooting your phone and running CM10 but telling everyone you built the rom from scratch...

enrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
He doesn't have to share shit to make you satisfied. A hacker is not entitled to share it's finings at all.

The problem is "they" share smth "72%" in blured picture. Every one in his mind is hacker some of us superheroes but no one has a good proof (only Gateway 3DS) . Don't worry i will not blast anyone.

--------
sorry for my english "typing"

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I think it's time to make a couple things clear here.
first off, and this is completely trivial information, my first pic was blurry because my phone is broken; there's a crack in the glass in front of the camera's lens, so that kind of makes taking good pics difficult.
so here's a clear video to make up for that :

secondly, yeah this runs on 4.5 only.
thirdly, on the status of me releasing this or not. I'd like to start by saying that I didn't say I would never release anything... in fact the only caption accompanying the original pic on twitter was "lalala" so I feel like some of the reactions here may have been a bit strong.
that being said, as you're not seeing a download link anywhere, I guess you've figure out that nothing has been released yet. the reason for that is simply that this is nowhere even near being in a "releasable" state and releasing it wouldn't do any good to anyone. there are no libraries, no toolchains and I have such little understanding of how to properly use the hardware as of yet that it's almost laughable. now you might object by saying something like "there are no libraries and no toolchains because there aren't any public exploits you dick"; and that does make sense. but on the other hand, anyone who has the skill AND time to put in the immense amount of work these things require would probably also have the skill and time to get unsigned code running themselves. same goes for warezers actually; I of course don't want my own work to serve piracy, but anyone who has the skill to write a rom loader or whatever will probably also be able to get code running themselves...
so I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't think I'm going to let potential warez applications ruin the possibility of legitimate homebrew, but that I'm not releasing anything yet because there's essentially nothing to release.

hope you all understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water