PS1/2 SMB over a crossover cable.

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I found this video ( ) where this dude used SMB to play PS2 games on his PS2 via a crossover cable without the nee of using a network. That is what I need, but I can not make it work! I used so many cables, so man OPL versions but I just can't make it work! Can someone please help me ? I need it like this, I can't use a router as the connection point unfortunately. PLEASE HELP !!

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi !

Can you please describe a bit more your problem ? I can't help without knowing what you did. What is OPL error message ?
Also, please give me your SMB settings (from network settings screen in opl)

If you are not using OPL 0.9.3, please upgrade : https://github.com/ifcaro/Open-PS2-Loader/releases/download/0.9.3/OpenPS2Loader_0.9.3.zip

These are my settings. My OPL is I think 0.9. because I tought it would work if it was this version. I tried the newest one and the same problem occured. Network startup error: 300. So yeah. I will try to install the newest version, and If you could guide me on how to connect them with a cross cable I'd be really happy ! :D BTW, I got windows 10 if that has any influence. And my shared partition in my pc is called PS2SMB. Thanks a lot in advance ! :)

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 828
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 885
  • u.png
    u.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 470

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And my shared partition in my pc is called PS2SMB.

Is it a shared folder in your partition or a shared partition ? OPL works with shared folders. Please change to a shared folder if you have a shared partition.
Read here about how to correctly share a folder : https://bitbucket.org/ShaolinAssass...ntation-project/wiki/ps2smb-share-permissions Should be similar to win7 method.

From your pic, I see that you use the GUEST account in OPL.... do you also use the guest account on your PC ? Try to use your PC Username account.

Please also check is password protection is enabled in win10 - it's ON by default, turn it OFF. I guess it's similar to win 7 again (same link as I already gave you).

Your network settings has a problem. Your PS2 and PC IP are not in the same range. They both should be 192.168.0.X (or both 192.168.1.X). Change them.

Since 0.9.3 has a bit more infos, it will be (example) :

Advanced options : OFF
Ethernet link mode : 100Mbit full-duplex
- PS2 -
IP adress type : Static
IP adress : 192.168.0.10
Mask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.0.12
DNS Server : 192.168.0.1
- SMB Server -
Address type : IP
Address : 192.168.0.12
Port : 445
Share : PS2SMB
User : Your_PC_Username
Password : (none)

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it a shared folder in your partition or a shared partition ? OPL works with shared folders. Please change to a shared folder if you have a shared partition.
Read here about how to correctly share a folder : https://bitbucket.org/ShaolinAssass...ntation-project/wiki/ps2smb-share-permissions Should be similar to win7 method.

From your pic, I see that you use the GUEST account in OPL.... do you also use the guest account on your PC ? Try to use your PC Username account.

Please also check is password protection is enabled in win10 - it's ON by default, turn it OFF. I guess it's similar to win 7 again (same link as I already gave you).

Your network settings has a problem. Your PS2 and PC IP are not in the same range. They both should be 192.168.0.X (or both 192.168.1.X). Change them.

- PS2 -
- SMB Server -

Thank's, but I can't do that one with the PC username as My username is Šimon, and OPL doesn't support Š! :C

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

- PS2 -
- SMB Server -

BTW, so do I have to share the whole partition when I want to share the folder in that partition?

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank's, but I can't do that one with the PC username as My username is Šimon, and OPL doesn't support Š! :C

Oh I see. Well, when everything will be set correctly, if it still did not work, maybe consider create yourself another PC user account for OPL SMB.

BTW, so do I have to share the whole partition when I want to share the folder in that partition?

No. Unshare the partition, and share the PS2SMB folder in it. To dedicate the whole partition, just dont use it for something else than OPL.

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I see. Well, when everything will be set correctly, if it still did not work, maybe consider create yourself another PC user account for OPL SMB.

No. Unshare the partition, and share the PS2SMB folder in it. To dedicate the whole partition, just dont use it for something else than OPL.

So I tried everything Except that method of makeing a user account only for SMB but nothing worked. And I might just do that. But how will that work differently? BTW, it says, 300: no smb network found or something like that.

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is why I hate SMB, mistakes are in the details...

Just my personal experience with trouble with PC user accounts.

Ok, please check again everything following these steps : https://versatile1.wordpress.com/20...ion-2-ps2-using-openps2loader-a-novice-guide/

Just dont download/use files of this guide, they are outdated. Refer to win7 method for win10 folder sharing method.

So I did everything as in the link you gave me, and PS2 no longer gives me an error message and stops loading. But it doesn't show any games. Is there any perticular format the games should be in ?

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They should be as *.iso, and placed into the DVD folder, into your PS2SMB folder (no need to rename them using the game_id if you use 0.9.3).

C:/PS2SMB/DVD/Game.iso

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They should be as *.iso, and placed into the DVD folder, into your PS2SMB folder (no need to rename them using the game_id if you use 0.9.3).

C:/PS2SMB/DVD/Game.iso

I do. Still not picking up any game :/ In the OPL folder I downloaded, there was so many options OPL GSM, OPL VMC (or something like that), is there a specific version of OPL I have to use maybe ? I got the GSM version of 0.9.3

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the latest OPL from PS2Home, I get perfect SMB but I still use the SCUS_113.11.Whatever Game.iso format in PS2SMB/DVD or CD.

Dunno whatelse to tell you. Make sure all the IP's are correct and the folder PS2SMB is shared and give access to everyone.

Make sure password sharing is off on Win10

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use the latest OPL from PS2Home, I get perfect SMB but I still use the SCUS_113.11.Whatever Game.iso format in PS2SMB/DVD or CD.

Dunno whatelse to tell you. Make sure all the IP's are correct and the folder PS2SMB is shared and give access to everyone.

Make sure password sharing is off on Win10

I did everything but still nothing. Like, it gives me no error message, but it just doesn't pick up any games !! And my PC's internet sign on the bar thingie on the bottom of the screen is showing like it's connected with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark. So is there something wrong with my PC ? I think so, just don't know what. Does it have something to do with firewall or something ? 'cause I got AVG antiwirus and they are pretty garbage at everything so I thought if that isn't causing some problems.

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do. Still not picking up any game :/ In the OPL folder I downloaded, there was so many options OPL GSM, OPL VMC (or something like that), is there a specific version of OPL I have to use maybe ? I got the GSM version of 0.9.3

No, all these versions supports SMB.

Stupid question : are you sure that ETH games page is ON ?

Menu > Settings > ETH device start mode > AUTO, then save.

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, all these versions supports SMB.

Stupid question : are you sure that ETH games page is ON ?

Menu > Settings > ETH device start mode > AUTO, then save.

I got it manual 'cause I don't like to use auto as it froze once on me. But I press run every time I try it, don't worry about that :D I'm not that stupid :D

The yellow sign usually means IP conflict. I garanty youve not setup the IPs correctly.

I have! The IP the mask, everything's there! I don't know anymore :C What about the DNS thingie ? is there supposed to be something ? As on pc so on PS 2 ?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it manual 'cause I don't like to use auto as it froze once on me. But I press run every time I try it, don't worry about that :D I'm not that stupid :D

I have! The IP the mask, everything's there! I don't know anymore :C What about the DNS thingie ? is there supposed to be something ? As on pc so on PS 2 ?
I assume on pc since you are connecting directly that you have set the pc ip4 address to the ps2 one? When i driectly connected i had to set static IP from pc to ps2.

Now adays i use the router and just tell ps2 to connect to the pcs IP and give the ps2 ip like 5-6 digits higher.

So if pc is 192.168.0.6 i make ps2 192.168.0.20 to make sure there is nothing on my network at that ip.

Gateway would be router at 192.168.0.1 in my case.

Wait i see your issue lol the third option on pc should be the ps2 ip adress.

Nameless_Rook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I assume on pc since you are connecting directly that you have set the pc ip4 address to the ps2 one? When i driectly connected i had to set static IP from pc to ps2.

Now adays i use the router and just tell ps2 to connect to the pcs IP and give the ps2 ip like 5-6 digits higher.

So if pc is 192.168.0.6 i make ps2 192.168.0.20 to make sure there is nothing on my network at that ip.

Gateway would be router at 192.168.0.1 in my case.

Well, maybe there are some other things to take in consideration. What about firewall?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated my post set third option on pc to ps2 ip address as thats your gateway now.

Ps2 knew what to look for but pc didnt look for ps2

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Nah, not a matter of being stupid. I don't know how familiar you are with OPL and some people make that mistake. ;)

Well, maybe there are some other things to take in consideration. What about firewall?

Try to disable it but I don't think it matters.

If I were you, I would :
- create another temporary PC user account ;
- do my best to get SMB working from there ;
- when it's working, try to "import" these settings to "Šimon" user account ;
- delete the temporary user account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol