Hacking SMB 3+ ISO - vWii

j0eStER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I've been playing this amazing game on Dolphin, but I want to play it on my vWii. It's called Super Mario Bros 3+. It's an ISO image and it's 4.37GB. I tried finding it online of Instructions, but can't. Attached is an Image of the file name.

Can anyone please help? Or can this not be done?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 434

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this by chance a rom hack of New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii?

Because it seems like it is, just by looking at the file size and the name.

j0eStER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is. Yes. But it does not work on Riivolution, because it doesn't require the New SMB Game.

j0eStER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First step: Stop using Windows 8.

Second step: Load the ISO through USB Loader GX.

Done.

Who said I'm using Windows 8? It's Windows 8.1. They're different. Keep your negative comments to yourself.

Second of all, USB Loader GX doesn't work for me. After 30 seconds, it loads back to the Menu.

Reactions: Margen67

Crazc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who said I'm using Windows 8? It's Windows 8.1. They're different. Keep your negative comments to yourself.

Second of all, USB Loader GX doesn't work for me. After 30 seconds, it loads back to the Menu.

>they're different

sure. SOOO much different. It's not like it's still a sub-par OS aside from Desktop Mode

>USB Loader GX doesn't work for me.

:unsure:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It sounds like a bad ISO then, unless you've gotten it to work with Dolphin...

Edit: Just saw you have. I dunno then :/

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I have this title on my external hdd for my wii/vwii. I use cfg usb loader mod. Works great for me. My image is in wbfs without all the padding garbage. (I think it's around 600mb?) Could be your image or your using an old version of usb loader gx. Try a different loader.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he's never used usbloadergx before he probably has the USB in the wrong usb slot or he uses an external hdd that is a single USB cable.
It sounds like he may also have the forwarder channel on his vWii and not the files on SD card/USB because it "loads to a black screen".
  • Try using the upmost USB slot on the back of the Wii U.​
  • If you have a single USB cable (No extra Power cable) from your HDD, you need a Y-Splitter cable, plug the Data cable into the upmost back slot on the Wii U and the Power in any other USB slot or a phone charger.​
  • Make sure that you actually have the apps/usbloadergx folder and files on your SD Card before using the channel as the channel only loads to those files (Forwarder).​

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
>they're different

sure. SOOO much different. It's not like it's still a sub-par OS aside from Desktop Mode

Why don't you actually try using it for a while. Win8 has a lot of new useful features, especially when used on a touchscreen. Not saying I like the start screen (I loathe it with fiery passion) but the way you can run metro apps split screen or docked on one or both sides of the desktop is pretty nice :)
It's a much better OS than Win7 if you have a touchscreen. Even if you don't, there are some improvements that benefit all users.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
>they're different

Fast, boot and shut down times are faster. All games show an improvement in windows 8 to some extent as well. Windows 8 may be crap for the modern UI, but as an operating system it is superior to 7. But with the recent updates, nobody has to use the modern ui at all. The tile screen as an argument to why 7 is or isn't better is a defunct one.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fast, boot and shut down times are faster. All games show an improvement in windows 8 to some extent as well. Windows 8 may be crap for the modern UI, but as an operating system it is superior to 7. But with the recent updates, nobody has to use the modern ui at all. The tile screen as an argument to why 7 is or isn't better is a defunct one.
http://www.reddit.com/r/win7circlejerk

nyrol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I circle my jerks all right

just you wait and see, margen.

Lol as though anyone actually thinks Windows 7 is better than 8, especially since 8 has a much better start menu (easier to read, but functionally much more powerful). 8 is much faster and has fewer compatibility issues than 7. 7 is basically ME to 8 being XP. It's like a half baked OS.

Crazc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol as though anyone actually thinks Windows 7 is better than 8, especially since 8 has a much better start menu (easier to read, but functionally much more powerful). 8 is much faster and has fewer compatibility issues than 7. 7 is basically ME to 8 being XP. It's like a half baked OS.

Eh. It's all good with me. I'll be using 10 in a few months anyway.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1