Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smashballee8.jpg

"This ain't a tournament for pussies..."

SmashBowl... I remember this! It was a tournament made over at Smashboards by me! And guess what! LOTS of people were joining...

SmashBowl
SmashBowl2

Sadly, the second on was never finished due to most of the people joining were noobs with that being their first post. I AM NOT GOING TO HOST IT THERE. I think I'll try it again, here. But you have to be serious about joining, if I tell you when, you HAVE TO BE HERE! The first tournament, I had like 32 people total I think, and only like 10 people showed. So only join if you are serious. It will be on Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:00 PM CST, it may be rescheduled due to school or other problems. But that is the current date.

The rules are Tournament Rules, which is:
-Final Destination or Battlefield
-No items
-5 stock match
-Best 2 out of 3
-Fine,
sleep.gif
SmashBall on the LOWEST setting. Just to heat it up a bit. And that's the ONLY item, got it?
-If the other person doesn't want a SmashBall on, TURN IT OFF. They must state it in the post before you battle. You may only have the SmashBall if both players agree to it.

.::Tournament List::.
Alex-2835-9751-3133
Ultimateplaya-
AnimalCrossingX-3566-1193-7432
Dj-Biscuit-4210-5997-9987
jargus-0302-0871-3978
neji64-3265-4752-5665
sjones900-5112-3414-7621
PandaDS-0216-0661-3389
apb407-4382-1685-9207
SaiZou-4854-6754-0641
Doctor Luigi-2921-8758-7494
HAK_Devil-5155-2171-6848
Mewgia-4897-6046-5103
shadow1w2-4425-1166-3822

DO NOT JOIN UNLESS YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT PLAYING!!!

More info to be added...

And why mods, why can't we edit our own topic titles.

I know the banner sucks, it's my first, the L was longer before but when I cut out the 2 it cut off some.
frown.gif

The Three Strike Rule

You have three strikes. If you miss a tournament when you signed up, you get a strike, three of them and you can't join the tournaments anymore. But there are exceptions.

1. If you have something sudden come up, contact me the day before with a reason, it doesn't have to be a long story, you aren't counted against it.

2. If you miss the day without contacting me, and give me a GOOD ENOUGH reason you may be excused, not saying, "Oh shniz, I forgot", you may be let off, but you have to contact as soon as possible.

3. You may also get a ban from my tournaments lifted during a special time I say it okay.

4. If you drop out on purpose, not because of disconnections or lag, you get one strike. Or not showing up.

5. If you lie about a match it may go in to dispute, I may have to give you both 2 STRIKES, or I'll change the Time Limit to 3 minutes, and you have to send a replay. But of course Battlefield on my disc is broken, xD so I'll get someone else to look over it.

6. ANY KIND OF CHEATING IS PROHIBITED! Cheating will give you an automatic ban from my tournaments.

Some tips from me:

1. Practice, practice, take a break- Practicing too much will make you tired so break every once in a while. And use Wi-Fi or with someone here, you'll get more practice than against a computer.
2. Don't move SPAM. It's annoying, it's stupid, and it never works, just like real SPAM. (Forum SPAM)
3. Appear on time. You may have gotten a match against someone easy, but if you come late, you may get someone harder.

Thanks you for reading.
Tournament Schedule-What I'm planning, highly confidential!
-Jump for the Stars!- Jump Ultimate Stars tournament!
-Pokethon-Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Wi-Fi event. Free Pokemon, and more, battles, and even more than that.
-NasKart- Mario Kart DS tournament! (may be switched to Mario Kart Wii, I don't have it yet though.
frown.gif
)
-BrawlNighter-Midnight tournament(sort of) with FOUR people only, 99 lives, starts at midnight CST.

More to come as I get it planned!
biggrin.gif

.::Official Tournament Schedule::.
)_(-------------)_(
PandaDS
vs-Winner: jargus
jargus
->jargus VS neji64-->Winner: jargus
Ultimateplaya-STRIKE! Reason: Never did show up or gave me his Friend Code. Currently one(1) STRIKE for him.
vs-Winner: neji64
neji64
-------------
apb407
vs-Winner: apb407
HAK_Devil-STRIKE! Reason: Never did show up. Currently one(1) STRIKE for him.
->apb407 VS shadow1w2 => Winner: apb407
shadow1w2
vs-Winner: shadow1w2
Alex

sjones900
vs
Dj-Biscuit
->Winner: sjones900
Doctor Luigi
vs-Winner: Mewgia
Mewgia
)_(-------------)_(

FINAL ROUND

jargus
VS
apb407

NOTE ON THE FINAL MATCH

The final match is to be held slightly different due to tradition. It should be held Tuesday, August 26, 2008. But here's the changes:

-No SmashBall At all... None... Or any items!
-Best 3 out of 5 Because it's the finals, it has to be the most awesome match ever.
-Final Destination ONLY And I mean it!
-5 Stock Match This is the same
-Match Recording If this is possible, and don't put it at 3 minutes just because you don't have a camera. You don't have to record, but I'd like you too! Any camera will suffice!

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ultimateplaya said:
I'm down. When's this gunna take place?
Can you read the post again?
NOTE: If this goes well, chances are there will be another one! Plus different games!

You may also sign up to be a Tournament Director. And you can still participate!

ALSO: If a few tournaments go well, maybe I'll try to get prizes! Flashcarts, games, acessories, etc. I'd gladly spend Rewards1/PrizeRebel points for that.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Ultimateplaya said:
Meaning. Sign me up. And when's this going to happen
I suggest you go get eyes.

I'll join since I'm pretty serious about this game. The only concern I have is about the lag over distant connections.

EDIT: Gah... Just realised this will start at 3 AM.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, here's some rule I made, I was typing on the PSP earlier , and it wouldn't let me type more.

You have three strikes. If you miss a tournament when you signed up, you get a strike, three of them and you can't join the tournaments anymore. But there are exceptions.

1. If you have something sudden come up, contact me the day before with a reason, it doesn't have to be a long story, you aren't counted against it.

2. If you miss the day without contacting me, and give me a GOOD ENOUGH reason you may be excused, not saying, "Oh shniz, I forgot", you may be let off, but you have to contact as soon as possible.

3. You may also get a ban from my tournaments lifted during a special time I say it okay.

4. If you drop out on purpose, not because of disconnections or lag, you get one strike.

5. If you lie about a match it may go in to dispute, I may have to give you both 2 STRIKES, or I'll change the Time Limit to 3 minutes, and you have to send a replay. But of course Battlefield on my disc is broken, xD so I'll get someone else to look over it.

6. ANY KIND OF CHEATING IS PROHIBITED! Cheating will give you an automatic ban from my tournaments.

@Ultimateplaya: Umm... I said read it over again. Or fine, I'll post it...

Alex said:
Sadly, the second on was never finished due to most of the people joining were noobs with that being their first post. I AM NOT GOING TO HOST IT THERE. I think I'll try it again, here. But you have to be serious about joining, if I tell you when, you HAVE TO BE HERE! The first tournament, I had like 32 people total I think, and only like 10 people showed. So only join if you are serious. It will be on Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:00 PM CST, it may be rescheduled due to school or other problems. But that is the current date.

And read the line after so no one complains, this weekend though, I might go to Corpus Cristi, so I may not be active, so the list won't the updated unless my sister lets me use her internet.

Eon-Rider said:
Ultimateplaya said:
Meaning. Sign me up. And when's this going to happen
I suggest you go get eyes.

I'll join since I'm pretty serious about this game. The only concern I have is about the lag over distant connections.

EDIT: Gah... Just realised this will start at 3 AM.
Are you in or not, I shouldn't have lag, Ive only had two bad games over my anyone Wi-Fi games. One bad, and one horrible. So I hope it works good. If you are joining answer okay?

QUOTE(AnimalCrossingX @ Aug 13 2008, 10:05 AM)
Sign me up! If I have to cancel because of work, I'll PM you right when I find out if I work at the time I'm scheduled to Brawl or not that day.
Fine with me!
smile.gif

And I also reserve the name PokeThon! XD I had two of them before, but the first on did good, and the second one seemed to not go so well. It's a curse!

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Alex said:
Are you in or not, I shouldn't have lag, Ive only had two bad games over my anyone Wi-Fi games. One bad, and one horrible. So I hope it works good. If you are joining answer okay?
I guess not. The time isn't suitable for me at all.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dj-Biscuit said:
I'll join

BTW can I help organizing the tournament
(could you also have the smash ball in the games but item spawn at low)

Maybe, that depends... Anyways... Please make sure you have your Brawl code so I can post it too so not to much hassel!

So rest of ya, do you want SB on low, I won't because I think Tourney Rules are Tourney Rules.

neji64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll join, i'm serious about brawling just tell me when is it and when 2 sign up, oh and i'm looking for someone 2 brawl with online so if anyone wants to brawl just reply to back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1