Smash won't update to 1.1.2. Can't start game now!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by digipimp75, Oct 14, 2015.

1. digipimp75
    OP

digipimp75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    I'm on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5. I had Smash on version 1.1.1 and it was prompting to update. I'm using tubehax dns to block update servers obviously, so I used NUSGrabber to pull down the update and tried to install with WUP installer. After waiting over an hour, I rebooted and went into storage management. A message came up that unnecessary data was found and asked to delete. I chose "later" and checked for any corrupted data. Nothing was shown, so I deleted the update data in the Smash folder (stupid) and tried again to install the 1.1.2 update.. same deal.

Now I can't even load Smash as it says that an update is needed to run the software and the only option is to return to the Wii U Menu! I backed up my save data to usb just in case, then went back into storage management and got the message about unnecessary data. I chose "delete" and it said it could take 30 minutes or more. I gave it 3 hours and it was still running. I shut the system down and restarted even though it said not to power down. The system starts up fine, but Smash will not load. How can I get around this??

EDIT: The worst part about this is that I can't even use Loadiine now since Smash is dead in the water. It was working fine until I started screwing around trying to update it. Thanks

Last edited by digipimp75, Oct 14, 2015
    kvasil likes this.
  2. digipimp75
    OP

digipimp75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    All sorted now. Used a different SD card and the update was applied. *whew* :)