Hacking Smash Wii U RPX Editing?

coolioguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that in order to add new stage slots and character slots into Smash Wii U, you need to edit the RPX. What programs can I use to edit RPX files?

D

Deleted User

Way back when, Hykem (I think, don't turn this into a ****fest) released a tool that (theoretically) decodes an RPX file into an ELF file which can be decoded back into assembly (or C if your decompiler is good enough). But this tool was never finished, and it doesn;t fully work (I tried to reverse Virtual Console using rpx2elf and powerpc-eabi-objdump to no avail).

The Decaf emulator team (and @shinyquagsire23) are currently developing a custom toolkit that can create RPX files. It also contains a program called "readrpx" or something like that, but I have no idea what it does.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tiny Tutorial:

- Use rpl2elf on your smash .rpx (it will output an .elf)
- Write changes to your .elf
- Use makerpl64 (google it) to pack your modified .elf into a .rpx again
- Put your .rpx back in your game directory

coolioguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tiny Tutorial:

How do you use rpl2elf, I can't figure out how to do this.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way back when, Hykem (I think, don't turn this into a ****fest) released a tool that (theoretically) decodes an RPX file into an ELF file which can be decoded back into assembly (or C if your decompiler is good enough). But this tool was never finished, and it doesn;t fully work (I tried to reverse Virtual Console using rpx2elf and powerpc-eabi-objdump to no avail).

The Decaf emulator team (and @shinyquagsire23) are currently developing a custom toolkit that can create RPX files. It also contains a program called "readrpx" or something like that, but I have no idea what it does.
wut has elf2rpl and readrpl, elf2rpl can take a .elf into a .rpx, and readrpl is just readelf but for rpl/rpx. In the master repository elf2rpl doesn't work with rpl2elf'd .elfs, but it might work in the rewrite branch since that branch moved to generating import and export sections directly (so the .elfs look a lot closer to what you'd get with rpl2elf). There's also https://github.com/0CBH0/wiiurpxtool but I haven't tested it.

Tiny Tutorial:

Only problem is that makerpl64 is an SDK tool, which is kinda... ehh.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
wut has elf2rpl and readrpl, elf2rpl can take a .elf into a .rpx, and readrpl is just readelf but for rpl/rpx. In the master repository elf2rpl doesn't work with rpl2elf'd .elfs, but it might work in the rewrite branch since that branch moved to generating import and export sections directly (so the .elfs look a lot closer to what you'd get with rpl2elf). There's also https://github.com/0CBH0/wiiurpxtool but I haven't tested it.

Only problem is that makerpl64 is an SDK tool, which is kinda... ehh.

meh, it's not a problem, ninty is not going to hack your pc to see if you have some copyrighted contents

coolioguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got converted the RPX to an ELF, and opened it in a hex editor to view the files. I found some parts on stages, but no luck on increasing the stage count. If anyone wants to try it as well,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality