Gaming Smash Ultimate update 4.0 on firmware 7.0.0?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,247
  • Replies 40
D

Deleted User

OP
Can I play smash with the newest 4.0 update on firmware 7.0.0? every time I install the update and launch the game it just corrupted? do I need to update my switch?

D

Deleted User

OP
ChoidujourNX with autoRCM on.
if my OFW is already 7.0.0 doesn't that mean my fuses for previews firmwares were already burnt? is there any point in me even worrying about this?

or can I install a emunand and just use that too play games since that doesn't burn fuses when it updates?

this whole thing is kinda confusing

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if my OFW is already 7.0.0 doesn't that mean my fuses for previews firmwares were already burnt? is there any point in me even worrying about this?

or can I install a emunand and just use that too play games since that doesn't burn fuses when it updates?

this whole thing is kinda confusing

Check your fuse count and firmware with Hekate, if your want to preserve your fuse then update with ChoidujourNX, if you update via Nintendo server , it burn your fuse. Fuse rule doesn't apply to emunand, but emunand drain battery faster than Sysnand. Unless you want to use one NAND to play online and one NAND to play all your backup and homebrew stuff, then just use sysnand.

Last edited by Hayato213,
D

Deleted User

OP
Check your fuse count and firmware with Hekate, if your want to preserve your fuse then update with ChoidujourNX, if you update via Nintendo server , it burn your fuse.
what im saying is wouldn't it be easier to just leave OFW at 7.0.0 and just install emunand and update that to play newer games? updating the emunand doesn't burn fuses right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what im saying is wouldn't it be easier to just leave OFW at 7.0.0 and just install emunand and update that to play newer games? updating the emunand doesn't burn fuses right?

No emunand doesn't have a fuse rule, only apply to sysnand, if your fuse is low enough and you want to preserve it you can update via choidujourNX, but then again, what is your intention, do you have a clean nand anyway, and what is your fuse count?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7.0.0 might get a warmboot browser exploit someday in the distant future. If you don't care about that, then there probably isn't any good reason to care about your fuse count.

EmuNAND won't burn fuses, but it's probably not worth the time, effort, or storage space when you can just update your sysNAND using ChoiDujourNX, with or without AutoRCM. You really only need emuNAND if a.) You care about online play, or b.) You have an ipatched Switch.

If you really want to preserve your fuse count but you don't want to use AutoRCM, use emuNAND.

D

Deleted User

OP
7.0.0 might get a warmboot browser exploit someday in the distant future. If you don't care about that, then there probably isn't any good reason to care about your fuse count.

EmuNAND won't burn fuses, but it's probably not worth the time, effort, or storage space when you can just update your sysNAND using ChoiDujourNX, with or without AutoRCM. You really only need emuNAND if a.) You care about online play, or b.) You have an ipatched Switch.

If you really want to preserve your fuse count but you don't want to use AutoRCM, use emuNAND.
I want to save my fuse count on 7.0 just incase like you said we get a warm boot or something, but I don't want to use autorcm because it's a pain in the ass.

That's why I was thinking emunand setup? leave the OFW on 7.0 delete all games/software taking up space, setup up emunand, update emunand, then install games again?

How much space does a clean emunand generally take up?

I could care less about playing online and I don't think its possible anyways as my sysnand is already dirty

Last edited by ,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to save my fuse count on 7.0 just incase like you said we get a warm boot or something, but I don't want to use autorcm because it's a pain in the ass.

That's why I was thinking emunand setup? leave the OFW on 7.0 delete all games/software taking up space, setup up emunand, update emunand, then install games again?

How much space does a clean emunand generally take up?
An emuNAND takes up 32GB.

You should make the emuNAND without deleting anything. That way, everything transfers over from the sysNAND to the emuNAND. Follow this guide to setup your emuNAND.

D

Deleted User

OP
An emuNAND takes up 32GB.

You should make the emuNAND without deleting anything. That way, everything transfers over from the sysNAND to the emuNAND. Follow this guide to setup your emuNAND.
I have a 500GB MicroSD so 32gb is not that bad, so your saying leave everything create emunand then go back and clean up nand games to safe some space?

also is emunand just updated normally as if it was OFW though settings? thanks for the link

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 500GB MicroSD so 32gb is not that bad, so your saying leave everything create emunand then go back and clean up nand games to safe some space?
Create the emuNAND normally, and then move your backed up /Nintendo/ folder into the new location on your SD card (emummc/Nintendo_XXXX, if I remember correctly) so it can be read by your emuNAND. There is no need to delete anything from your sysNAND, since when it comes to your SD contents, you're just moving everything over.

also is emunand just updated normally as if it was OFW though settings? thanks for the link
If it's a clean emuNAND (you've never used hacks on it and you intend to play online with it), then you should update in the system settings. If it's a dirty emuNAND (you've used hacks on it), then you should update using ChoiDujourNX, and you should not let your emuNAND connect to the internet (without having 90DNS and/or Incognito installed).

Last edited by Lacius,
D

Deleted User

OP
Create the emuNAND normally, and then move your backed up /Nintendo/ folder into the new location on your SD card (emummc/Nintendo_XXXX, if I remember correctly) so it can be read by your emuNAND. There is no need to delete anything from your sysNAND, since when it comes to your SD contents, you're just moving everything over.

If it's a clean emuNAND (you've never used hacks on it and you intend to play online with it), then you should update in the system settings. If it's a dirty emuNAND (you've used hacks on it), then you should update using ChoiDujourNX, and you should not let your emuNAND connect to the internet (without having 90DNS and/or Incognito installed).
I never intend to play online, I only want emunand to avoid burning fuses updating to 8.1.0 on Sysnand and avoid autorcm, if I create a emunand then update that emunand normally will it be ok? why do I need to use ChoiDujourNX I thought emunand updates don't burn fuses?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never intend to play online, I only want emunand to avoid burning fuses updating to 8.1.0 on Sysnand and avoid autorcm, if I create a emunand then update that emunand normally will it be ok? why do I need to use ChoiDujourNX I thought emunand updates don't burn fuses?
If you're using hacks with your emuNAND and you connect to Nintendo's servers, you might get the Switch irreparably banned. Instead, you should use ChoiDujourNX so you don't have to connect to Nintendo's servers. There's also no benefit whatsoever updating through the system settings.

To prevent a ban, you should do one or more of the following:
  1. Keep the Switch offline
  2. Install 90DNS
  3. Install Incognito
Any of these things will also prevent updates through the system settings.

Last edited by Lacius,
D

Deleted User

OP
If you're using hacks with your emuNAND and you connect to Nintendo's servers, you might get the Switch irreparably banned. Instead, you should use ChoiDujourNX so you don't have to connect to Nintendo's servers. There's also no benefit whatsoever updating through the system settings.

To prevent a ban, you should do one or more of the following:
  1. Keep the Switch offline
  2. Install 90DNS
  3. Install Incognito
Any of these things will prevent updates through the system settings.
if my sysnand is already dirty and I create emunand doenst that automatically make my emunand dirty?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and I'm assuming there is no way to "clean" a sysnand even I have a backup?
If you have a backup from before you did any hackery, restoring the clean NAND backup will "clean" the NAND.

If you don't have a backup, there are other ways to potentially "clean" your NAND that may or may not be effective, depending on whether or not the logs end up contradicting what Nintendo has on file already for your system.

You should make your emuNAND before cleaning your sysNAND.

D

Deleted User

OP
If you have a backup from before you did any hackery, restoring the clean NAND backup will "clean" the NAND.

If you don't have a backup, there are other ways to potentially "clean" your NAND that may or may not be effective, depending on whether or not the logs end up contradicting what Nintendo has on file already for your system.

You should make your emuNAND before cleaning your sysNAND.
why should I make my emunand before restoring my sysnand?

also wouldn't the method I used to initially hack my switch in turn dirty my sysnand? I mean I had to hack my switch to setup a nand backup in the first place?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16