Gaming Smash Shortages in EU/US

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I bet at least 80% of those people who eventually get it with the gamecube attachment will end up using the wii-u controller or the pro controller anyway. Nostalgia was great and im sure the gamecube controller triggers it for alot of people but its clunky plastic compared to the nice smooth layout of the new pro controllers and i doubt anything will top how great the actual gamepad feels.
the wavebirds are different to the cube controllers their far more comfortable to hold plus you can swap out rechargeable batteries quickly and don't need to wait for the pro controller to recharge. and their battery life is amazing.

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you apply to the 20%. The big thing the GC controller had which made it better was the 2 analog sticks with the Cstick (for smash attacks). Nintendo have rarely had controllers with that but now they do, rendering the GC controller almost obsolete. My statement might seem comical to you but your comment is vauge and makes no actual point other than "others say it's better" Well, those "others" you refer to in the competitive scene have put a ridiculous ammount of time into learning one controller, so ofcourse they will stick with it.

For casuals or people who intend to enter that same competitive scene now gain no advantage using the GC controllers. The rest of the gamecube controller is inferior in every way. The A and B buttons are big and clunky by today's standerds of controller and if you really think the triggers are superior to pro controller / gamepad then i think you're stuck in a nostalgic mindset. If you dont agree and plan to reply to this post then actually make some valid points please and tell me why the gamecube controller is better in your own opinion
I've been playing smash on a GC Pad for over 10 years. Do you think I'm going to change? No.

Reactions: Terenigma

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Then you apply to the 20%. The big thing the GC controller had which made it better was the 2 analog sticks with the Cstick (for smash attacks). Nintendo have rarely had controllers with that but now they do, rendering the GC controller almost obsolete. My statement might seem comical to you but your comment is vauge and makes no actual point other than "others say it's better" Well, those "others" you refer to in the competitive scene have put a ridiculous ammount of time into learning one controller, so ofcourse they will stick with it.

For casuals or people who intend to enter that same competitive scene now gain no advantage using the GC controllers. The rest of the gamecube controller is inferior in every way. The A and B buttons are big and clunky by today's standerds of controller and if you really think the triggers are superior to pro controller / gamepad then i think you're stuck in a nostalgic mindset. If you dont agree and plan to reply to this post then actually make some valid points please and tell me why the gamecube controller is better in your own opinion

I wish I wasn't tired as hell so I could be bothered to explain why this is such a factually incorrect thing to say.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I wasn't tired as hell so I could be bothered to explain why this is such a factually incorrect thing to say.

Its fine, post it tomorrow. I have no problem waiting to read reasonable arguements and disagreements to my opinion but the last person i quoted just spat generic garbage at me that makes no real points whatsoever whilst adding an immature attack on me. My opinion is simple, i think that the wii-u version has other controllers that work just as well if not better than the GC controller so that we dont have to rely on it anymore like we did with brawl. Its great that Nintendo have released it to please people who have used it for such a long time but i dont think it is the "best" controller for the game anymore. That ship has sailed and i think it is kind of narrow minded to see it that way still.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Considering the A and B button are pretty much what you need for Smash with some occasional x/y for jumping (which is really easy to do while holding your thumb on the A button on a GC controller), the buttons are perfectly fine for Smash. Not for all games, sure, but for the games that were designed with it in mind, the buttons are fantastic. Not to mention actually having the buttons on the top instead of the second stick is just much nicer.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I don't see what's the fuckin problem with playing smash on the wii u tablet ipad android gamepad
It's the most comfortable controller I've ever used.

I've been playing with the GamePad but god dammit the fucking left stick isn't very responsive for some reason (it works perfectly with other games) and I can't really enjoy Smash to the fullest until I get my NGC-Wii U adapter.

zlCfzSsyOOYt0gIuL9

Fuck you, you piece of shit GamePad! I lost so much due to the unresponsive left stick.

Reactions: VinsCool

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing with the GamePad but god dammit the fucking left stick isn't very responsive for some reason (it works perfectly with other games) and I can't really enjoy Smash to the fullest until I get my NGC-Wii U adapter.

Fuck you, you piece of shit GamePad! I lost so much due to the unresponsive left stick.

What's wrong with a Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, Wii U Pro Controller, or one of those classic controllers shaped like a Gamecube pad by Hori or PDP?

I have the PDP one and a Wii U Pro controller. Both are okay.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Classic Controller Pro is the best for Smash Bros WiiU. I have my eyes for the GCN Adapter set on Nintendont and Smash.

But yes, the price for the adapter is ridiculously high in the states on eBay. My question is to the people selling it on Amazon/eBay, why the fuck did you buy it? Chances of getting your profit are slim.

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji

The difference between the Gamecube controller and the Pro, when playing Smash, is that the GC controller has a literal advantage over its successor in the realm of play style. The layout of the controller priorities the controls needed to play the game in a quick and fast-paced way. Having the shoulder button take dominance instead of one having priority over another set lets blocking feel more natural. The large A button is there for priority in many attacks with the B button in close range for the same reason. The X and Y buttons are shaped differently and around the A button for similar reasoning (the ability to jump when using that control scheme and using A to attack). The triggers on a Gamecube controller *are* better – by definition. I've gone over the spacial issues, but the Gamecube has analog shoulder buttons while the Pro has digital. I could dwell on the analog sticks being parallel to each other and how that makes Smash a painful game to play, but until you have a GC controller to play it with, it's hard to elaborate upon.

There's also the whole 20-80 thing one of you brought up. The only people buying this game are ones who have some sort of affection towards it. It's a long running belief that the GC controller is far superior to any other controller. I mean, hell, Nintendo literally released an adapter and the same old controller *again* just to please fans. if it truly was a 20-80 split, they wouldn't bother. Hell, if Nintendo did anything only 20% of people cared for, we'd probably have an official Mother 3 in English translation. But, alas.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What's wrong with a Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, Wii U Pro Controller, or one of those classic controllers shaped like a Gamecube pad by Hori or PDP?

I have the PDP one and a Wii U Pro controller. Both are okay.
Nothing wrong with the Hori-NGC, PDP-NGC, Pro Controller or the Classic Controller it's just that the GamePad isn't really suitable for Smash long sessions.

My Smash NGC controller is coming so I'm covered with a genuine new NGC controller.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I couldn't agree more. My gamepad is starting to work weird. Even my circle pad on my abused 3ds works better in smash.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For casuals or people who intend to enter that same competitive scene now gain no advantage using the GC controllers.
Except the GameCube controller with the GameCube adapter is currently the only truly wired controller option for the Wii U. If you're hoping to play at tournaments in the future (even local/small tournaments), chances are you may not enter unless you have a GameCube controller. So competitive play for this game pretty much requires that you're comfortable with the GameCube controller.

It is my belief that Nintendo wants to get back in the tournament scene with this game, which is why the adapter was made (any nostalgic attachment by fans to the GameCube controller is merely icing on the cake). Melee continues to be played at tournaments, Brawl less so. Now with a way to guarantee all players have equally fair chances (with no risk of wireless interference breaking someone's game), SSB for Wii U is most definitely the comeback to the tournament scene that Nintendo needs. I'd love to see 8-player Smash at tournaments too...! :)

Of course, if you only play at home / with friends, then this is a non-issue.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Except the GameCube controller with the GameCube adapter is currently the only truly wired controller option for the Wii U. If you're hoping to play at tournaments in the future (even local/small tournaments), chances are you may not enter unless you have a GameCube controller. So competitive play for this game pretty much requires that you're comfortable with the GameCube controller.

It is my belief that Nintendo wants to get back in the tournament scene with this game, which is why the adapter was made (any nostalgic attachment by fans to the GameCube controller is merely icing on the cake). Melee continues to be played at tournaments, Brawl less so. Now with a way to guarantee all players have equally fair chances (with no risk of wireless interference breaking someone's game), SSB for Wii U is most definitely the comeback to the tournament scene that Nintendo needs. I'd love to see 8-player Smash at tournaments too...! :)

Of course, if you only play at home / with friends, then this is a non-issue.

Smash Wii U is definitely the best Smash to date it pretty much combined everything the best of the previous into one.

Sonic 06's His World in Smash Wii U? OMG! AWESOME!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)